Friday, June 26, 2009

The Cajun Cleaver

I would like to introduce you to my friends, Nick and Adrienne....






And their new store.....




Words cannot describe the awesomeness of this place! If you live in my neck of the woods (you know who you are, wink wink), you can't go another WEEK without stopping in. I've told you before that I love supporting small businesses....I have a special place in my heart for the local entrepreneur. Well, I've been waiting for this little business to open up for a while now. Nick and Adrienne are my friends because we share a love of a certain little family who moved to a certain little town in North Carolina. That's all I can say on the subject without bursting into tears.


But I digress.....


The Cajun Cleaver is a specialty butcher shop PLUS plus, plus, plus, plus....


It's the PLUS that I'm most excited about.


See, I'm a mom. A rather busy mom. A mom who enjoys delicious food and entertaining and taking meals to friends. I love to cook, but sometimes it's just too darned hot hard to get my act together. I have kids and a husband who love to eat yummy food. That's where this place has swooped in to save my sanity!


Affordable, delicious, ready to pop in the oven and heat up meals! Who could ask for anything more? They have entrees, side dishes, and the greatest peanut butter pie you will ever eat (not to mention all sorts of meats and soups and sauces and gumbo)! If you follow me on twitter, you may have seen my tweets about our supper Wednesday night. My sister was coming in with all 3 of her little ones, and the last thing we had a second to do wanted to do was spend the evening in the kitchen.


After an afternoon at the pool, Lucy, Caroline and I ran down and picked up a couple of entrees (chicken tetrazzini and penne pasta with meatballs and marinara.....oh, and some sausages to grill for appetizers). For $30, I fed 6 adults and 5 kiddos.....now THAT is a deal! I plan on stopping by soon for another easy meal night!


So here's what I'm thinking.....


Why not stock up on a few meals to carry with me to the beach in a couple of weeks....how easy will that be? And next time a friend is in the hospital or has a baby, I'm stopping by to let Nick do the cooking! It's as good as homemade....maybe even better!


Just had to share this little treasure with all my local readers. Sorry if you aren't close enough to enjoy it.....maybe one day they'll franchise!!!


P.S. (for Adrienne)....the kids LOVED the meatballs. I mean L.O.V.E.D!!!! I'll call you and tell you what else they had to say....it was really funny :)

5 kind words:

C H R I S T I said...

I wasn't sure where to post this but your blog is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have started one myself but I am struggling with making it "me"...do you have any tips?

ml said...

Hey Megan! I heard you on Rick and Bubba yesterday, but had no idea it was you until I read that post (I only caught the end of it). I voted for you and I am definitely going to check out the Cajun Cleaver!

amorris1967 said...

You are THE BEST! Thank you so so so much!

JaniceFry said...

YEA! I'm glad it's open! I TOLD Terry it was and he ARGUED with me ! I WIN! LOL! Yes, we'll be going there SOON!!! THANKS! I can't WAIT to try it! hugs! Jxxoo

Anonymous said...

Just looking for a place to post a great review of the Cajun Cleaver. The Chicken Tetrrazzini is incredible!