Monday, June 22, 2009

Raleigh: One Lucky Town!



Friday night, we celebrated our friends Keith and Amy with an awesome party at her friend Jackie's house. The silver teardrops on that Pig's face say it all....

And on Saturday, Amy, Keith, Jake and Abby moved to Raleigh. With a heavy heart, a glass raised high, a hug and a kiss.....we let them go.

I know we will see them soon. That's what happens in true friendship, but it doesn't make it any easier. We talked on the phone this morning, and I just couldn't believe that she was so far away. I wanted to pop in and share a cup of coffee and watch our kids play in the backyard.

She's having a hard day today, and I have a feeling there will be more hard days in the coming weeks and months. Sweet Abby (her 8 year old) is having the hardest time adjusting. She is a social butterfly who had lots of friends. She is scared and lonely and it is breaking Amy's heart.

Everytime I think about it, I well up....

And I say a prayer for them.....




Even looking at this picture makes me cry. I just hope Raleigh knows how lucky she is. Soon she will see!

Will you please say a prayer for my friend.....and for me? This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them.

5 kind words:

Jennifer said...

Raleigh, NC? I am only about an hour from there.

Prayers that their transition goes smoothly. I know how hard it is when a dear friends moves. *hugs*

Kristin said...

So sorry that your friends moved! That is always so tough.

And...I'm about 99% I know them. I used to work with Keith. Great guy and great family.

gillian said...

my sister lives in Raleigh, and we LOVE to visit her there! They have parks EVERYWHERE! and lots of GREAT community pools! Tell her to take the kids to Pullen Park, it's really cool. They have a train you can ride around the HUGE park, a carousel, little boat ride for little ones, lots of different playgrounds for different ages. the train, boats and carousel are only $1.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

It's hard to lose friends due to geography at ANY age! I'm sorry you won't be close in distance anymore, but I know your friendship will continue to be strong!

amorris1967 said...

I talked to Amy yesterday and it just broke my heart that Abby is having such a difficult adjustment. I've been praying for Abby that someone at gymnastics will make her feel peaceful, welcomed and excited to go back. Jake on the other hand seems to be doing just fine. I'm glad for that. Maybe today's visit to the pool will bring new friends for all of them.