Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lots to tell....but I'm pacing myself!

It's been a busy weekend, and I thought I would share some pictures with you before we start our week.....and what a week it will be!

My sister, Rachel, was supposed to be here on Friday, but if you follow me on twitter, you know that didn't happen.  Her flight was cancelled due to "technical difficulties," and she (and her 3 precious children) didn't arrive till this morning (ushered in by a fierce storm).  We are so excited to have them here for a couple of weeks...stay tuned for lots more stories and pics.

The highlight of our Saturday?  The joyful wedding celebration of our friends Jenny and John Paul.  It was sort of a colliding of 2 worlds....we were friends with both the bride and groom at different stages of our life.  We shared the evening with lots and lots of friends, from near and far!  It was a blessed ceremony followed by a rockin' party.  


Just wish I had taken more pictures!  I did manage to get one of my mom with the kids.  As you can see....Greer didn't want to be held down.  That girl was all OVER the place!  Chris chased Greer around the whole night and he was a little tired today!

I have to share this funny story about that....

A sweet friend of Chris' family (someone who probably changed HIS diaper in his younger years) pulled me aside and confided, "I can't tell you how much I am loving watching Chris run around chasing that little girl with a diaper in his hand!"  It made me laugh, too!


At some point, I turned the camera over to Lucy, and she caught me enjoying some delicious strawberry wedding cake....does it get any better than that?


Sweet Reeves!  Lucy captured this shot of his newest freckles.  I should turn the camera over to her more often.  Love this boy!


And today, we met Henry!  Erin was holding him and he was just cooing away.  Promise to capture his sweet face for you to see.  Don't worry.....there'll be lots of time for that!  For now, you can just enjoy his yummy baby head!


Reeves and Olivia.  They have a precious little bond.  I can't wait to share some stories.  And if you can't tell by the picture....she is a mess!  Lucy and Caroline are like two peas in a pod, too.  It is amazing how your nieces and nephews can feel like your own children....the love just grows with each new addition to the family!

So I hope you enjoyed just a few quick pics and details....not nearly enough to do it all justice.  I'll fill you in as I find more time, but for now, it's time to hang with my sisters.  I love when we are all together.


1 kind words:

Jann2U said...

What a beautiful family!!!

Sisters are fun!! I have 3!

Love looking at your pictures!! Enjoy your week!