Saturday, November 29, 2008

Iron Bowl Saturday

Intensity....even before the game begins!!!
Good thing we DESTROYED THEM!!!  
Rollllll Tide, Roll!!

Hope we didn't scare Landon off...I really like him!
(Aren't they cute?)


Our own personal Cheerleaders!!!
They entertained us throughout the game with the most hilarious cheers


An attempt at a Group Photo.....yeah, right!

And some random goodness.  Who can resist a good pickle!?
Thanks for helping him fish it out Landon....You are his hero!!!

****Update**** Photos are Up!!

No pictures for this post....yet!  I forgot to bring the cable for my camera, so you'll have to wait a few days to have some visual proof of our fun times in Gadsden.  I plan to take a lot of pictures today of our cheerleaders and football player.  Some Iron Bowl festivities are sure to bring out a little "Roll Tide Roll" in all of us.  

We're all here taking over my parents usually quiet home.  All in all, there are 10 adults and 5 kids (plus at least 4 animals) still here.  Thanksgiving day was a bit more crowded, but we all loved it.  It is so wonderful to gather together for fun and fellowship, and you can't beat the food.  Today the weather is drizzly and cold, so we are having to be a bit creative in order to keep the natives from getting too restless.  My mom is currently helping the girls make some homemade pom poms to have in time for kickoff....

Erin brought "the boy" home and everyone loves him.  Landon fits right in like he's known us all forever.  The kids have broken him in pretty well, and he is so great with them.  Especially Reeves!  He is very impressed by anyone who will play legos and football with him, and was so proud when Landon started calling him "Go-go".  He has definitely won his heart!  Let's just hope that "the boy" still likes us after he gets to experience the intensity of watching Alabama football with Chris and my Dad!

Greer has developed a passion for dancing that is absolutely hilarious.  I'm gonna try to catch it on video at some point today.  She simply can't help herself....once the music starts she's movin'.  Last night when I was rocking her to sleep, I started singing the lullabies I always sing to her.  The room was completely dark, and I could barely make out her face.  As soon as I started to sing, I felt a little wiggle.  She was dancing herself to sleep.  I LOVE this girl!!!

We're stuffing ourself again today, and watching a little football.  Tomorrow will come too soon, and we will all carry ourselves home.  Sadly we will not all be together for Christmas this year, but we have enjoyed this special weekend together.  I wish we all lived closer, but it makes times like these even more special I think.  I am so thankful for my wonderful family, and I pray that God brings us all back together safe and sound very soon.  

0 kind words: