Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday!

Christmas is just around the corner my friends, and this post may revolutionize your shopping list!


I am really stressing about what to get the kiddos this year. I despise junk toys, and have pretty much decided that I WILL NOT buy things that I think they might play with. I am all about the good/useful/tried-and-true toys. You can imagine that I was soooo excited when my friend at Rocks in my Dryer decided to host this blog carnival to help us all out (what could be better than advice from other moms....no media hype incuded)!


So, here is my entry for "great toy(s) that have served us well and not ended up in the charity pile." These two have been well loved over the past year, and continue to be part of our daily routine. They are not just for pre-schoolers either. The games on some of the websites (like Wiggles and Arthur) are actually more suited for 6-8 year olds. Once my 1st grader figured that out, he plays them all the time. And as for the art studio...well, it provides endless fun, and I secretly am very jealous that this wasn't around when I was a kid. I would have been obsessed. Thanks Fisher Price!!!



We decided to put a "kids only" computer in the kitchen, and it was the best decision we have ever made (maybe that is a bit overstated). The kids love these little gadgets, and I am forever grateful for the hours of (supervised) entertainment that they provide (with no mess). As an added bonus to you, I am jealous that you will get them at a MUCH lower price than I paid just one year ago. Oh, and on top of it all, they are even educational!


If a family computer is part of your "daily routine," these gadgets will revolutionize your life!!!


Click here for the details: Fisher Price Easy Link Internet Launch Pad and the Digital Arts and Crafts Studio





Even if you don't choose to participate....I would love to hear what toys are your favs!!! Please leave a comment with your own recommendations.

1 kind words:

Sam Duffey said...

Megan, Amy bought a bunch of toys and such at Dollar General for this Christmas. I just thought it was a "dollar store", but it's actually got pretty cool stuff that is cheap - though more than a dollar.

Your post is great, and in spite of the crazy economy, I thought you and your readers would like a frugal idea.