Friday, November 21, 2008

What a COOL Gift!!!

So, as you have probably figured out, I love to read blogs.  I have traded in "blogging" for "TV viewing," and through it, I am finding that I am MUCH more fulfilled.  I have a few friends who don't "get it" and who can't figure out how I have the time to indulge in such things.  As I see it, it is a way to fill some of my "me" time with something meaningful.  I have read about and gotten to know some amazing people, and I feel like the things that I read and write about make a difference in the lives of others.  I am getting WAY more out of my "me" time by delving into the blogosphere than I EVER did watching mindless TV after the kids went to bed....


Virtual rant over....

Today, as I was reading one of my "regular" blogs, I happened upon this AMAZING PROJECT!  I am in the process of writing my own letter, but just to catch you up, here is the concept.  

There is this guy (a guy who will not yet reveal his true identity) who is doing something UNBELIEVABLE for his wife this Christmas season.  Instead of giving material gifts, they have challenged each other to come up with something creative....something that doesn't cost any money.  Instead of buying gifts for each other, they will be giving their money to some worthy causes....a passion that has grown in their hearts as they participated in mission projects this past year.  

This "unsuspecting wife" is a mother of young kiddos, and as mother of young kiddos myself, I know just how challenging it can be!  Her sweet husband is on a quest to create something that has developed into the "Mother Letter Project."  Basically, the "Mother Letter Project" will be a collection of letters of advice/insight/perspective/prayers/devotions from other mothers.  This sweet husband is even going to let all of US in on the fun by sending us a copy of the finished project!  

SO......

If you would like to participate in this VERY COOL activity, PLEASE visit his blog.  I am very excited to see how this thing turns out.  I see a bestseller in the making!!!

Happy Writing, and Merry Christmas!!!

May we all find a way to be this creative, frugal, philanthropic, romantic, holy, and giving this holiday season.

2 kind words:

Aspiemom said...

Megan, if you check my blog today, you'll see that I named you for an award! Congrats! I really enjoy your blog.

Erin said...

I wrote my letter on Friday night! How fun, huh?