Monday, November 10, 2008

Not me!, Monday


It's that time again!  I find that this little bloggy fun is a great way for me to preserve some of those random happenings in my life (for better or worse!).  It is going to be great fun to look back on these some day!

Check out MckMama's blog for more "Not ME!" moments (and for one of the most amazing stories you have ever read) from other "perfect" moms like me!  They are hilarious!

I did NOT let Greer feed herself a carton of yogurt so that I could finish cooking dinner one crazy night this week!  She did NOT make a tremendous mess, and she did NOT LOVE every minute of it.  It did NOT keep her entertained for at least 20 minutes!  And btw, I am NOT a clean freak and this did NOT overwhelm me one little bit!



In another fabulous parenting moment, I did NOT let Lucy fall asleep on the couch at least 3 times this week instead of sticking to our sensible and usual bedtime routine. 

And, I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT let her fall asleep with a "ring pop" in her mouth.  That would be something that lazy and permissive parents would do.  I, dear friends, am NEVER lazy nor am I permissive!


I could go on and on and on.....

What about you?  What did you NOT do this week!?

6 kind words:

Julie said...

Wow! I'm impressed with the yogurt thing. That is the one food item I haven't let my son truly enjoy! And I'm NOT remotely a clean freak either! :)

Keyona said...

The ring pop picture is just priceless! I love it!

Kameron said...

I want to let my boy go to town on a yogurt, but the clean up just seems a little more than I am willing to do! Maybe if it were summer again and I could sit him outside on a piece of plastic! {wink}

Aspiemom said...

Great "Not Me's". Those pictures are just priceless.

Susan said...

Okay, I going to get some YoBaby TONIGHT! :) I *so* want to let my daughter "feed herself" a carton now, so I can cook dinner uninterrupted too! I loved it. :) I don't care for messes, either, but if I can have a happy, entertained, 1-yr-old, it's worth it! Your daughter looks like she loved it. :) So funny.
Thanks!

Ashley said...

Hey I still love Ring Pops and I am 22! I'd take one to bed with me any night of the week. Your kids are precious. Thanks for stopping by my blog. -Ashley