Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lucy - "isms"


Lucy gives me a new laugh on a daily basis, and today was no exception! 

Here are two of the conversations that we had today....both very, very "Lucy"!

"Hey Lucy, what did you have for lunch today?"  I asked (she likes to buy the school "hot" lunch, but I may be re-thinking that).  

"Well....I didn't really like it, but I did eat my cake."  she said.

"Really?  Just your cake?  You didn't eat anything else?"  I said.

"I drank my milk!!!" pause "And....I didn't just eat the icing!!!"  she said.

Wow, I never knew that cake was such a nutritious meal!?  I mean, if she had just eaten the icing, well, that would have been terribly unhealthy!!!  Thank goodness she ate the cake, too!  Whew!

And, later in the day.....

"Mommy....when I grow up, I'm going to be a Teacher, and a Mommy, and a Babysitter, and a.....
PAYER!"  she said.

"A what?  A pear?"  I said.

"NO!!! A PAY-ER!!!!  You know with money!"  she said.

"HUH?!  What do you mean...tell me more, Luce"  I said.

"You know (with a very "duh" tone)!  Like I give people money and they give me stuff!"  she said.  

I guess my child has ambitions to be a "personal shopper" one day.  I'll pray that she works for a big corporation and doesn't plan to open her own small business!!!  

Yeah, I had to throw that one in!!!  Don't you just love kids!? 

2 kind words:

Erin said...

"I didn't just eat the icing!" Man, I love her.

Aspiemom said...

That made me smile. I love to hear what comes out of kids' mouths!

Hope she still has room for supper! lol