Friday, November 7, 2008

In regards to my health and wellness....

I am happy to make two very exciting announcements!  


First.....I have lost 6 pounds in the past 3 weeks!  I have been mostlydevoted to sticking to my points (I'm a weight watchers girl), and it has paid off.  I guess my gallbladder attack didn't hurt (at least in that department), but even still, I am 6 pounds (and one good size) smaller.  Seeing the weight come off (and getting compliments from others) is super motivation for me.  I plan to try to lose another 5-7 pounds by Thanksgiving.  I'll keep you posted!

Second....I think it is safe to say that my gallbladder attack has subsided (at least for now).  I haven't felt this good in 2 weeks, and I am praying that I can stay out of pain till at least January.  I found out that my ejection fraction (a result from the Hydascan) was 28%.  They usually recommend surgery to remove the gallbladder when it is below 40%.  That said....surgery is definitely in my future.  If I can stay healthy till after the holidays that would be wonderful!  

The rest of the gang are doing pretty well, too.  Other than healing from some flea bites!  I'll let that be a story for later....I am feeling like the worst mom in the world on that subject!  

Happy Weekend to you all!

4 kind words:

Amy A A said...

You my sweet friend are full of it!! You felt like crap on Wednesday. I will pray for you to get thru the holidays without surgery. I am very proud of you for losing weight-also jealous. If I could lose 5 lbs I would be very happy!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

BUT....I felt better on by the next morning, and I REALLY am better since then.... All good!!!

I am proud of YOU for your job status/interview....let me know! And, keep praying that I stay well (and I promise to stay away from the burgers!)

Val said...

Like I said, I felt like a new person after I had my gb removed- I do hope for your sake you can avoid having it done until January- but don't dread it too badly. An my cousin is the best surgeon I know (in Gadsden) if you decide to have it done there...we laugh and say he's removed 99.9% of the gb's in northern alabama. (Dr. Echeverri)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Megan, I had my gallbladder removed following repeated, painful attacks about 10 years ago. It wasn't fun, but at least it was laparoscopic, so I had minimal scarring and have been doing pretty well ever since. Good luck! (I held off on surgery for a while, too, and the intervening time was pretty rough.)