Monday, November 3, 2008

Exhausted and Waiting!


***Update***   All the test results came back fine.  Looks like she just has a nasty virus.  She slept OK this afternoon, and has kept her milk down.  I'll keep you posted.....still a bit cranky!

Let me start by saying....today has not been at all what I had planned (but when does that ever happen these days??).   

Greer has not been well since last Monday.  It started with a little sniffle, fever all day Tuesday, and afternoon fevers the rest of the week.  She broke out in a rash all over her trunk and legs on Saturday, and last night she started vomiting.  The fever also came back.  Her night was good, so I was praying for her to wake up well today.  

She did pretty well till about 9:30 (when she woke up from her first nap a bit too early).  She was very fussy, and wouldn't let me put her down.  I held her for a bit and she just laid limp on my chest.  Then she started vomiting again.  I took her temp, and it was back up to 101.  We both took a quick shower and made a doctor's appointment for 11:20.  My pitiful baby laid on the floor in her boppy and watched Sesame Street without moving a single muscle....I quickly got dressed.  She threw up a few more times before we left.  

After a negative strep test, a cath urine that is clear, and a general looking over (no ear infection and her chest sounded clear), we went for blood work and a chest x-ray.  Needless to say, she has NOT been amused with all the procedures.  At one point, she was just laying on my chest moaning....it broke my heart!

Dr. I should be calling anytime with the results.  Please say a prayer for my sweet baby....she is miserable.  I am praying that she sleeps for a while so that we will all be ready for what could be a yucky evening....I just want some relief for her.  

P.S.  We had to cancel her Laser Treatment that was scheduled for tomorrow morning.  She can't be put to sleep after such an illness.  I am really disappointed because it is going to delay her treatment until early December.  I know it is best though...she really needs to be well.  

I keep reminding myself that God is in control.  God is in control.  God is in control.  

3 kind words:

Amy A A said...

I was just about to call and thought I would see if there was any update. I hope that sweet baby feels better!

JaniceFry said...

Hey, Meggie---I've been kinda busy and just now getting to catch up on my blog reading (and BLOGGING!) and saw about your week! Hope you're feeling better and sorry little Greer is still sick!!! Maybe by the time you read this, she will have BOUNCED right back into good health!!!!...Natalie/Brad and Brad's step dad (from Australia) are leaving for New York on Wed. Ashley, Brad's MUM and i are keeping the kiddos. So, pray for NO sick kids for us either!!! They had the dreaded stomach bug LAST week!!!...Loved your Halloween pix! Just PRECIOUS! hugs! GranJan!

Ginger said...

Obviously, I am just catching up. I am so sorry that Greer has been so sick. I hope she is doing much better. It is so hard to have to cancel those laser appts. Esp. when you have to do so much work to get everything scheduled. It is what is best for her right now though, you are right. Hope you are feeling okay as well.