Monday, November 17, 2008

Not me!, Monday


It's that time again!  I find that this little bloggy fun is a great way for me to preserve some of those random happenings in my life (for better or worse!).  It is going to be great fun to look back on these some day!

Check out MckMama's blog for more "Not Me!" moments (and for one of the most amazing stories you have ever read) from other "perfect" moms like me!  They are hilarious!

I did NOT spend a FABULOUS weekend in NYC with my husband, baby girl, and Cousin Kay.  We were NOT blessed to have her open up her "under major remodel" apartment to us so that we would have a place to stay for the weekend.  It was NOT absolutely wonderful, and she is NOT the best tour guide in the city!!!

I did NOT feel self conscious about my accent and wardrobe in the "city that never sleeps".  Nope, I didn't say "Sorry, Y'all!!!" every time we got on a bus with all our baby gear and questions about where we should go, what stop to take, etc....nope, not me!

Greer did NOT eat more junk food in 3 days than I allowed my other two children in their first 2 years of life....combined (she is also NOT only 10 months old).  Nope, not me!  She did NOT eat cupcakes (from Magnolia Bakery), french fries and cheeseburgers (from an authentic New York Deli), or frozen hot chocolate and ice cream sundaes (from Serendipity).

I also did NOT keep her up WAY too late every night or  let her nap on the go ALL weekend.....I stuck to strict naps and bedtimes!  Despite all the chaos, she was NOT a total trooper and she did NOT charm the pants off all those hard a$$ New Yorkers!

Chris and I did NOT feel a bit "out of our league" at the fancy restaurant where we ate before our show on Saturday night, and after a reality check (and a glass of wine), I didn't care one. single. bit.  The food was delicious, the atmosphere delightful, and the company cozy.  I love my life just the way it is!

I did NOT obsess about the size of Katie Holmes' feet for the entire show (we saw her play on Broadway.....All My Sons).  Man, they were NOT that big.......were they????

I did NOT learn amazing new things and meet amazing people at the Vascular Birthmarks conference on Saturday, and I am NOT going to post about it sometime after I recover from the weekend!  It was NOT the primary reason for our visit in the first place!

I do NOT have about a MILLION posts running through my head, and I WILL get to them sometime this week.....pictures included......I promise!

What did you NOT do this week!?

 

0 kind words: