Friday, December 12, 2008

WOW....it's late!

....and I really need to go to bed!  


I worked a full day in babyland (aka Labor and Delivery in my very busy and interesting hospital).  I don't share much of  *that* life with you here, and I may try to start sharing it a bit more.  It is a big, important part of who I am, and I love it (as crazy and twisted and joyful and wonderful and weird and surprising as it can sometimes be)!

I DID have to use my poker face today (on multiple occasions) when I heard things that would blow your mind, and I DID have fun working with 2 of my favorite girls, and I DID enjoy feeling a baby move in a patient's tummy and sharing with her how much I loved feeling those stirrings in my own womb.  Being a mommy sure makes me a better L&D nurse...that much is true!

It was a really. good. day!

P.S.  I happened to try a new treat at Starbucks today (the Carmel Apple Cider).  I HIGHLY recommend it!  Deeeelish-E-OHsOOO!

2 kind words:

Lindsay said...

Oh - how I would LOVE to hear more about the daily-happenings of your job. I'm sure you've seen a lot. I remember talking with a nurse when I was in there and she said she saw my name and requested me because she remembered me being "normal" from before! LOL That just cracked me up but then she followed by saying she gets some VERY interesting people in there, and some very heart-breaking stories as well. I also remember when I was in with one of the kids - two federal agents were on the floor....getting a newborn to take away from its mother. Broke my heart.

Get some sleep! :-)

Aspiemom said...

Megan, I've been following Jenn and Alan's Caringbridge site since you told us about them. I feel so frustrated that I can't do anything to encourage them. How much support are they getting from their church and others? Jenn sounds like she's at the breaking point lately and I'm wishing I was closer so I could pop in with a meal or clean or do SOMETHING.

Anyway, just wondered...I'm praying for them.