Monday, December 22, 2008

Not me!, Monday


It's that time again!  "Not Me! Monday" is a blog carnival hosted by my friend MckMama over at www.mycharmingkids.net.  It's a chance for all us perfect moms to have a little time to be brutally honest about our perfect lives, children, houses, families....

So in the spirit of Christmas....here is my holiday version of "Not Me! Monday"!  Please head on over to MckMama's blog to check out more Not Me moments!!!  They are sure to NOT lift your spirits, too!

Today is NOT our first day off of school for over 2 weeks, and I did NOT have to have a "Come to Jesus" with my kiddos about behavior and expectations (they do NOT thrive on routine and the lack of structure does NOT make them a little wild and crazy).  After we all talked about our expectations (both mine and theirs), things did NOT get sooo much better! 


But, I must mention that Greer did NOT give me a look like this (along with her siblings) when I told them to sit down so we could talk.  They did NOT know that I was serious about getting a handle on our day before it spiraled out of control!!!  

I am not DYING to tell the kids that Santa has agreed to come one night early since I DO NOT have to work on Christmas Day.  I DO NOT think that they will be so excited that they will not drive me absolutely bonkers about it (with more questions than I really want to have to answer as to how I was NOT able to convince Santa to do such a thing).  

I have NOT got about a million things to do to get ready for my family to come in to town today (or tomorrow...they haven't decided when they are coming for sure), and I am NOT looking forward to reading some more "Not Me" posts as soon as I post mine.  

I did NOT cry the other night when I came home to find this special gift on my front door.  It did NOT make my heart swell with joy, knowing that my kids do not know what the true meaning of Christmas is all about!!!

I did NOT have a surprisingly wonderful day off yesterday (I was NOT supposed to have to work, and I did NOT get put "on call" and get to have an entire day at home with my family).  We did NOT have a great time visiting with Chris' family, and we did NOT eat lots of yummy food (NOT including yummy smores made by Chris and Reeves in the backyard firepit).

Now that the temperature has NOT hit below freezing, it does NOT finally feel like Christmas around here.  We did not have 2 weeks of dreary, muggy weather that felt more like the beginning of Spring instead of the week before Christmas.  


And if this is NOT the sweetest thing you have seen today, well then I am NOT surprised.  It was NOT such a sweet moment that I am NOT posting it again so you can see it here on "Not Me, Monday"!

Merry Christmas!!!  

5 kind words:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Today was our first day off from school for two weeks as well. I have NOT already lost my mind though it is only day 1 and only 2PM at that!
Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Aspiemom said...

Okay, does that mean you really ARE working Christmas, or you aren't? Sometimes these "not me's" confuse me!

I hope that the kids settle down and that you enjoy your family's visit this week.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Sadly, It means I actually AM working this Christmas. It's sort of a long story (which I will probably post about later). Praying for a nice day, though! Thanks, Aspiemom, for your sweet thoughts!

Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

I grew up in a home where both parents were nurses....who always worked Christmas Eve! Santa ALWAYS visits our house on Dec. 23 even to this day as we are adults. He simply had too much to do on the 24th and it lightened his load to knock out our house early:) Good Luck!

Julie said...

What an adorable pic of the kids with Santa! And such a sweet gift. Hope ya'll have a very Merry Christmas!