Monday, December 15, 2008

2008 Christmas Tour of Homes

BooMamaChristmasTour


Welcome Y'all!  This Christmas (my first Christmas in the blogging world), I am excited to be a part of BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes 2008!  Sit back, relax, and enjoy this fun little holiday excursion from the comfort of YOUR own home.  There are hundreds of homes on the tour this year, and I am looking forward to sitting down to take the virtual tour later tonight when the children are nestled all snug in their beds!  

Here's a glimpse at how we deck the halls!  Merry Christmas to all....and to all a Good Night!



I love to decorate with fresh cuts of holly and cedar.  And since it's the South....you gotta add in just a *touch* of Magnolia!


This year, we add a new stocking to our mantle!  Sweet baby Greer will be ONE in January! It seems like she has been with us forever....have I mentioned how delicious she is?!


This is the tree that I decorated for only $35 dollars (including shipping and handling!).  I kid you NOT!!  It was my greatest EBay purchase EVER, and it has been sooooo worth the risk.  Wasn't sure what I might get when I won this huge lot of Christmas ornaments from a wholesale liquidator, but for bargain price of $11.....I would take my chances.  Every. single. item. you see on this tree came from that $11 win (well, except the bow)!  Hard to believe, but true!!!

We also have a BIG family tree that is in our basement (where we spend a lot of family time and Christmas morning).  I can't get down there to take a picture of it right now because Chris is busy working.  I'll be sure to show it off next year (or you may see it later on this month)!


The wreath my Mom made for me....it reminds me so much of her (she loves rafia)!  It was among our first decorations as a married couple and I still love it!



This Christmas memory book is invaluable to me.  It holds all of the memories of our Christmases together as a family (9 years of memories so far!!!).  I love reading through it every year...it is such a treasure.  The kids love it, too!  I stuff it full of our family Christmas cards and pictures.  I document every teeny, tiny detail (and if you enlarge this picture, you'll see that this was the year when I received my sweet little apple!)....all those things that are so easy to forget from year to year.  I'm usually crying by the time I'm done!


Here is Reeves' "all sports" tree....he loves him some Alabama football (if you couldn't tell by all that Crimson and White)!  The tree skirt out of shakers was totally his idea....pretty clever!


And Lucy's very "pink" tree!  She loves the tutu skirt and the white lights.  I have my eye on a pretty purple one for Greer....after-Christmas sales are my friend this year!  I'm working on my list as. we. speak!


My favorite Christmas dishes (that I haven't managed to pull out yet)....it's kinda hectic around here!  My sweet mother-in-law has gotten them all for me over the past few years, and I just LOVE them!  I plan to enjoy at least a few meals on these before the season is through!


And of course....the REAL reason for the season!  I love this nativity (we have 3 or 4 and they are all very special to us!)  Merry Christmas!

15 kind words:

ASHLEY said...

Beautiful!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Pat said...

Meagan,
Your home is beautiful. I am so impressed by your $35. tree.
Merry Christmas!
Pat

Laurie said...

I love your Christmas Memories book. That is a great tradition to start. Your home is beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

Melinda said...

Can't believe you got all that for $35!! Way to go!

Beautiful home - beautiful family.

Merry Christmas!
Melinda

Ashley said...

You have a beautiful home and family! I absolutely LOVE the Christmas Memories book. What a neat idea!

Elizabeth said...

Your home is gorgeous all decorated! I love the mailbox and the tree.

Isn't it fun having a new family member for Christmas? Our third is 8 months old and I think we're having more fun than ever!

~B said...

I LOVE your Christmas dishes!

Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Your home is beautiful...so warm and inviting. I love the tree, the dishes and especially the memory book. What a great idea!

Thanks for having me over...
Happy holidays!

Talysa said...

Enjoyed your tour! Found you through McKMama...love love love the Christmas Book idea....may just have to find one myself! :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us.

Merry Christmas!

Aspiemom said...

Love. Love. Love. your. families. Christmas!!!!

I can't believe you did that whole tree for $35!!! I've gotten some great deals on eBay, too.

Love your dishes, your Memory Book, your mailbox...it all!

Kristin said...

Over the last few weeks I keep seeing coments from "Megan" and they are always so thoughtful and touching. So today I click on your blog...and you are in AL! Me too. :o)

I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and love your Christmas post.

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
You have some fun decorations! I like your nativity. I have a new little niece that will be one in January, too. Thanks for your visit to my tour and a very Merry Christmas to all of you!!

becky said...

Your tree is amazing, especially for that price! What an awesome deal!

And I'm willing to move to the South so I can have a mailbox that pretty!

Happy Holidays!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I'm STILL working my way through the links on BooMama's Tour! I love everything you've done. We have a kids' tree for the first time this year, and the boys are LOVING it. They are very proud of it. I've been enjoying your blog since you first "virtually introduced" yourself ... Merry Christmas!!