Friday, December 5, 2008

Lucy....with "AT-TI-TUUUUDE"


Seriously....it is upon us!!!  This is just a little conversation I overheard this morning....


"Lucy, what do you want for breakfast?," Chris asked.

"Whatever..."  she replied.

"Do you want cereal, or grits, or waffles....what?"....he asked.

"I SAID.....WHAT-ever" she replied (with attitude, I might add)!

Cereal is presented.  With milk, spoon, and apple juice.

"NOOOOOTTTTTT THAAAAAT!!!"  She YELLED!!!

"You said "whatever," Lucy" Chris answered (with a bit of frustration in his voice)!

"I meant anything BUUUUTTTTT That!!!!"  She replied!

Seriously....we are THERE!!!  And, for the record.....we  did NOT tolerate the attitude!!!  

But, it DID make me laugh a little!  Chris was NOT amused!!!  I love a sassy girl....sometimes ;)

5 kind words:

Lindsay said...

Oh man - I've heard stories of attitude. I'll be waiting for the day, as I'm sure no parent escapes that! Way to "deal" with it! :-) Even though can totally laugh beneath your breath...

JaniceFry said...

Hello! I'm just now "catching up" with reading of some blogs, including yours! I'm sorry I did't know about Greer's laser , I would've been praying! BUT, I'll start praying NOW that Christmas morning Miss Greer will look just peachy in all her Christmas photos!!!...I know it must be so difficult to go through all those treatments with your precious baby and I just got through "catching up" by reading your past blogs about the Port Wine Stain (I'm glad you "fixed it" where readers can go back and read about how far you've all come with it!). It's amazing how much they can do with P.W. stains now. One of my best (and most beautiful!) friends from high school had a P.W. stain on her face and she said from the time she was born her mother had make-up on her face. I always felt sad for her b/c SHE worried about it so much and you couldn't even TELL unless we were spending the night and she removed the make up. Then, about 5 years ago, SHE GOT IT REMOVED BY LASER! Bless her heart, she had to wait over 50 years to get hers removed. So, I'm so thankful that Greer was born during a time when science has come so far with lasers,e tc! ..How many more treatments will she have??? It looks like she might be just about through??...Glad I'm CAUGHT UP with your family! I won't wait so long again!....HUGS AND PRAYERS! jan xxoo
P.S. ROLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

ASHLEY said...

OH ME, THANKFULLY I AM STILL A BIT AWAY FROM THOSE DAYS!!

Aspiemom said...

Believe you me, it will only get worse. My son has learned to hide his attitude a little - now I get "the looks." I told him his "looks" and body language show his attitude even if he's holding his tongue! I wonder if our Heavenly Father gets tired of OUR attitude. :-)

I hope Miss Lucy likes her breakfast tomorrow. :-)

Clippergirl56 said...

Dropped over from SITS.
I have a five year old that I care for that gets the "tude" occasionally. Although it can be really frustrating at times...there are other times I just have to stiffle a laugh.