Friday, December 19, 2008

And to all a "go" night!!!

It's way too late for me to be up doing this, but I just can't help myself.  I know that the next two days are going to hold nothing but work craziness (24 hours of work in 2 days is about all I can muster....blogging after I get off is just not gonna happen).  But tonight, my heart is swelling with such joy that I can't let the moment slip away without sharing it....

I had a girls night out with my sweet friend Angela.  We waited till the babies were all tucked in, and then we went for a nice leisurely stroll through Target followed by a movie....it was so much fun.  Right before I left, Reeves had decided that he wanted to draw a picture of the nativity.  I got really excited, too, and helped him put several pieces of paper together so he would have enough room to get it all in.  In his words, "I wanna draw it ALL".  So, he had me set up the little plastic manger scene he and his sisters play with and to tell him about everybody....just one more time.  He said he was going to do it "just exactly like it looks" and that he couldn't wait for me to see it when I got home.  

I know I shouldn't admit this, but I had totally forgotten about the whole thing (it was quite fun to have a completely kid/husband-free evening...sorry guys!), until we drove into the driveway and I saw this taped to the front door....



If that weren't enough to make me cry....look what he wrote!



I love my sweet precious baby boy.....and I thank the father above for sending His sweet baby boy.  He is the reason for the season.  

Night Y'all!  I'm going to go kiss my babies and head to bed. 

4 kind words:

ASHLEY said...

oh how sweet, little ones can be trying sometimes, but its the little moments that make you love them to pieces. sometimes isaiah gives me e really hard time and then will do something totally sweet and it just makes nothing else matter. you just love em to pieces.

Amy said...

That is the sweetest thing. What a wonderful way to end the night.

Aspiemom said...

That is so sweet.

I'm glad you had a fun night out with your friend. I am envious, I admit it! After reading your post I was trying to remember the last time I had a girl's night out...it's been so many years that I don't remember!!!! That's pitiful.

Have a good weekend at work and don't get too worn out!

Kristin said...

How adorable! They sure can surprise you sometimes. :o)