Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wordful Wednesday....Greer's Appetite!


From the moment she started eating solid foods, Greer has been serious about her food. I can honestly say that she will eat anything! And, she wants to do it herself! She has gotten great with utensils and usually cleans her plate. I've made sure not to deprive her palate of any toppings or exotic foods just because her older siblings never liked them.....

The difference between the first child and the third child, I guess.

She will eat a cheeseburger with everything on it. Mustard, pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce....you name it. And don't even think about breaking it into pieces. Two fisted feasting for my sweet baby girl!

Burritos filled with rice and beans, cheese dip and salsa, salad with balsamic vinaigrette, boiled shrimp and cocktail sauce, vegetable soup, chicken salad, tuna salad, hummus, scrambled eggs, green bean casserole, fried green tomatoes....

But I forgot about olives, she doesn't like olives.

One of her most favorite foods is hard boiled eggs. The other day I was cleaning out the fridge and I found an egg that I couldn't remember boiling. I made the decision to throw the questionable egg away (it couldn't have been more than a few days old) and went about my morning.

A half hour or so later, I was shocked to find that Greer had rescued the egg from the garbage can, and by the time I realized it, she had eaten half of it.....shell and ALL!

3 days later, and she is no worse for the wear. Guess it wasn't spoiled....and she sure thought it tasted pretty good. Did I mention that she'll eat anything???




Head over to Angie's blog for more fun Wordful Wednesday posts!

6 kind words:

Muthering Heights said...

Wow...I can't believe she even ate the eggshell!

JaniceFry said...

I knew it! Greer is JUST LIKE GRANJAN! LOL!!!!! Oh my goodness, a baby girl after my own heart....!lol! jxxoo

Claremont First Ward said...

A good, hearty eater is a blessing indeed. Love the picture and hearing about what a great eater she is. And, I don't think I've told you how much I love your newer blog layout.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Jakey is a "dumpster diver," too! It cracks me up to see him digging through our recycling or the trash can by the desk in the den (where sometimes the odd Wheat Thin, Goldfish or Smarties will be).

Nicole said...

Sweet! Lucky you to have such a good eater :o) I often find mine sneaking crumbs from the floor :o(

Rachel said...

Too funny!! Ali will eat anything but olives too - I'm with you there!