Monday, July 6, 2009

Breakfast on the Porch

Wow!!!
Powdered Donuts
P.S.....I'm adding more pictures to this post soon!

The atmosphere has shifted here in Destin. The weather is gloomy at the moment, but our spirits are filled. Chris had to go home to work, but my dear friends Kay and Krista drove in last night with their sweet boys. We are having so much fun. Our kids play so well together, and we girls are catching up on our lives. What a wonderful week it will be!

No worries about not being who we are. Sharing our struggles and cheering on our victories. We can lay around in our pjs, stay up till midnight, and keep each others kids in line. We talk about our faith, and we are there for each other. Being with them is like being with family.....

Sweet Krista has had a hard summer, with the loss of her precious Daddy....but her spirit is strong and the light is shining in her. Kay is our "triathlete in training" who puts us all to shame. I envy how strong she is....in so many ways. I have a little one to chase around, and Krista has a daughter off to high school this year, and we are really praying for Savannah this week. She is down the road at BigStuf and we are praying for a life-changing experience for our girl and all the youth we know from a2 and Discovery.

Different stages, different places, but a friendship that is deep and true. I love these girls. Friendship is one of the sweetest blessings in life, and I am blessed beyond measure.


1 kind words:

JaniceFry said...

I hope yall have THE best week!!!! My love to Kay and Krista! Sweet friends from DUMC, that I miss so much!!!...I keep saying it, but I have to have Miss Lucy back soon! We'll try to work it out one day when I can get Lily belle....Love you and hope your week is just wonderful. Nothing makes more wonderful memories than hanging at the beach together!!!! CHEERS!
hugs and love to you all!
j xxoo <><