Monday, July 20, 2009

Not My Child!


Did you almost die of embarrassment when your child walked in on you and your husband doing you-know-what? Want to scream bloody murder when your toddler colored on your floor with a Sharpie? Feel like a terrible mother when your kid used a swear word in front of your in-laws? Well don't! Mothers aren't perfect and neither are children, so today I thought we'd switch things up a little and do a Not my child! Monday!

That's what MckMama wants us to do today, and well, if you come here often (or follow me on twitter) then you know that my children do NOT provide plenty of material for this fun bloggy carnival.....


For me, the hard part was narrowing it down to the top 3 or 4....I could write a BOOK, y'all!

Here are a few of the best from this week!

Lucy has NOT become fascinated with breasts lately. She has not been asking me all sorts of questions about how they work, what they're for, and when she'll be getting some ("Hopefully not for a while, sweet girl, you're only 5")! So I was NOT completely surprised when my mother-in-law told me that she had some questions for her, too. What did surprise me? She told her, "When I get boobies, you'll be dead!" I sure hope not! Lucy is NOT into brutal honesty lately!

Late Saturday night, Reeves did NOT open my bedroom door and poke his little messy haired head in the small crack just so he could announce "MOM, I Pooted"! He did not quickly close the door and then crack it back open (just far enough to fit his marker stained fist through) with a big "Thumbs Up" gesture. It did NOT make me laugh out loud! Gotta love little boys!

And Greer, my immensely joyful child, who rarely cries much less throws a tantrum did NOT decide to have the most massive 18 month old meltdown today right smack dab in the middle of her check up. She did NOT attempt to shove our pediatrician off the rolling stool and when she couldn't make her budge, she did NOT melt into the floor in a puddle of kicking and screaming. I did NOT know what to do but laugh which is probably NOT the kind of reaction my pediatrician was expecting.....I just couldn't help myself. It was just so NOT like my sweet baby G!

But as all of you Mommies out there know, a little dum-dum does NOT save the day in situations like these. Dear old inventor of the dum-dum, you sir or madam, are NOT a Saint! Whatcha wanna bet it was a madam?


8 kind words:

Angie said...

Too funny about Greer!!! Your dad was our peditrician, until Emily totally flipped out in there one day! I was 8 months pregers and Emily had an ear infection. I had to hog tie her just so he could look in her ear. She broke loose and hit him on the head! It must have not been to hard though because he never missed a beat. But at the end of the exam, I was sweating, he was sweating, and Emily had slung snot all over that room!!! Now, Emily sees Dr. Snell and Gracie sees your dad. It makes me laugh just to think about it.

Kristin said...

Now, look at that precious little angel with her sucker. I don't believe for one minute she threw herself a hissy fit! :o)


Except that I went through almost the same thing last week with Colin's check-up so I KNOW your pain.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Jake just went to the pediatrician last week, and I'm hoping to get a post up about it soon. He was NOT a fan of the 18-month shots. :)

Greer is just precious!

Blessed Chick said...

Too funny! My 3 year old neice is fascinated with boobs too! She is always asking about when she will get them!

Lindsay said...

They always choose to behave the way they "never" do when you're around other people, don't they?!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

I completely agree about the Dum-Dum lollipops! They have saved me countless times! Now if they just invented some that didn't make the kids so sticky! Oh well, the stickiness is a small price to pay for my sanity!

Nicole said...

Oh my sounds like you are busy! I would have most likely chuckled when you did too :o) The photo of your baby is precious!

Robin said...

Thank you for sharing life with me... your blog and photos brough tears to my eyes remembering when my children where little and all the wonderful memories we made together. Life goes by to fast... grab it and hold on.