Sunday, August 17, 2008

Circle


It has been a great weekend! I got some much needed sleep (the eye has STOPPED twitching....finally!), and had some lovely alone time. Hair, nails, shopping, singing at the top of my lungs in my car, reading, sleeping....ahhhh (it felt a bit odd really!). The kiddos spent Saturday afternoon and night with my parents in Gadrock, and Chris and I attended his 20 year High School Reunion! It was fun and funny all at the same time! I'm actually looking forward to mine in a few years....


I spent tonight with a very special circle of friends. We enjoyed a meal at one of our favorite places (Brio), and of course caught up on life! We do this once a month and it is something we all look forward to. We each host 2 months out of the year (one month we pick a restaurant and the next month we host in our home). Our little supper club has been going now for about 2 years, and we haven't missed a month yet. It is something we hope to continue for years to come, and I have felt so blessed to reconnect with these dear friends. We met while at Samford University (as nursing students and sorority sisters....well they were all in one sorority and I was in another, but they make me feel like an honorary member. Lauren and I both grew up in Gadsden, but didn't really get to know each other till college). All of us are so very different, yet very much the same. We love each other, we love our families, we love God....it is a wonderful sisterhood.
This picture (Becky, Jodi, me, Lauren, Amy, and Melinda) was taken at our annual Christmas party in 2006 and gave me an idea for what I hope becomes a new regular feature on my blog. My primary goal when starting this blog was to capture moments and stories in our life in words and pictures. I wish now that I had started it years ago because I am already enjoying looking back at the old posts to remind myself of where we have been (it's amazing how short your memory becomes when you have little ones). I'm no good at the scrapbooking thing, and the baby books still have lots of blank pages! For some reason, the blogging thing is much easier for me. I heard someone call it scrapblogging and I think that is a wonderful way to describe it. On top of it all, I get to share it with our loved ones....near and far.

2 kind words:

Val said...

GREAT idea!! Now, can you or your husband give us a little insight into the best way to "Save" a blog for future lookbacks- years down the road...print it out??

BamaGirl said...

I love that picture. I'm jealous that you get to hang out with all those great girls every month. I miss you all, and it's a reminder of how hard it is to be away from the South!
Bess