Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I can't believe tonight is a SCHOOL night!

The bags are packed, the clothes are laid out, the notes are written, and the snacks are packed and in the fridge.  We met our teachers and dropped off our school supplies and proved our residency....I know I'm forgetting something!


Tomorrow, Reeves and Lucy are off to school for another big year!!!  

Summer went too fast (as always), but the structure is going to be a nice change.  A little bit of an adjustment, but a nice change.  I actually think that if we were home together much longer, we might need a visit from the Supernanny!  My patience is about out, and I know that I am a better mommy when I have at least a few hours each day to get my thoughts together and the house under control.  An uninterrupted cup of coffee followed by an uninterrupted shower absolutely transforms me into an actual PERSON!  A person capable of handling even the most challenging of mommy moments!  What is amazing to me is what a walk in the park it will feel like to just have baby Greer to take care of.  When Reeves was a baby, I struggled to even get a shower everyday!  My how times have changed!!  But I digress.... 

We couldn't be luckier in the teacher department!  Mrs. Anderson (Reeves' 1st grade teacher) and Ms. Fraiser (Lucy's 4K teacher) are both absolutely wonderful!  Reeves has many buddies in his class and a class size of only 14.  He is really going to do well this year....I just feel it.  Lucy will do great, too, but she doesn't know a single little soul in her class.  Luckily, she makes friends easier than anyone I know, so I don't see it as a problem.  She's the type of girl who calls the friend she met 5 minutes ago her "best friend EVER"!!!

So, tonight, I'm praying for peaceful sleep for all of us.  I want them to be at their best for the first day.  Of course I will be updating you tomorrow with first day pictures and stories.  Thank the Good Lord we started the bedtime bootcamp 2 weeks ago.....they were down without a fight by 8:15! 

0 kind words: