Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sleep Deprivation

I've had a twitching eye for about 2 and a half weeks now.  You know what I'm talking about, right?  That totally annoying twitching that you have absolutely zero control of....you know you've had it before (if you figured out how to stop it, please send me some remedies!....)

I'm kind of tired of it!  
I know why I have it (more in a minute), but I just want it gone.  I've tried shutting my eyes for periods of time and massaging it....my eye humors me for a while, but then it is back to it's jumping around (reminds me a bit of Reeves).  
My mom says I need a heavy dose of Valium (might be nice to be knocked out for a while), I've tried a bit of Klonopin (don't think I took a big enough dose), and tonight I learned that Tonic Water (and we'll just poor in a bit of Vodka for good measure) may make it stop.  Another solution involves needles in the eye (Botox of all things), and if you know me well enough, you know that I may allow the twitch to go on till Greer gets married if that is my only option.  Any other ideas appreciated!  
Sadly, I pretty much know that the best solution would be a good night's sleep....but I just think that God has decided that I don't ever need to be allowed to sleep more than 1 hour at a time, ever again
I think He has realized that the middle of the night is when we have our greatest conversations, and that he doesn't want to lose the company.  I am begging for mercy!  I am promising you right now, God, I'll find some time during the daylight hours! 
 I really mean this all in good fun....I know that it will get better and that one day I will wish they were little again so that they would want to sleep with me!  For now though,  I just look forward to an uninterrupted nights sleep!

All that said, here are some of the funny things that may happen when you don't ever get to sleep for more than 1 hour at a time:
1.  You manage to get liquid laundry detergent in your hair while doing a load of towels and dirty bibs.  
2.  You allow your daughter to run around in public in a leotard and rainboots, with tangled hair.  Clean mouth optional.  
3.  Sleeping becomes so precious that you are willing to sleep in a twin bed with a kicking 6 year old if that's what it takes.  
4.  You go to great lengths to get everyone asleep at the same time, even if it means napping in the car in the garage.  
5.  You curse the Olympics for contributing to your inability to get up off the couch and GO TO BED, but you can't help yourself.  I love the Olympics!
6.  You have car issues....major car issues (see previous posts).....well, maybe that doesn't have anything to do with sleep deprivation :) 
This weekend, my parents are going to have all three children for one night.  I AM BESIDE MYSELF with joy!  I am so obsessed with the thought of uninterrupted sleep, that I can't help but tell any and everyone who will listen!  
Whew....I feel better now, and I'm going to bed!   
So, thanks for listening!

0 kind words: