Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer Fun 2008, Chuck E Cheese, The Mall, and Recreation Station


So I promised frequent Summer Fun updates, and I haven't done a great job. You may find them clumped together like this from time to time. Sorry if that bothers you, but frankly I am doing this mostly for my benefit (just kidding....sorta)! The playgroup has been sweet to accommodate Greer's latest laser treatment (we don't like to be in the sun for several days following treatment). We have done some fun "indoor" activities this week. Tuesday we went to Chuck E Cheese and had a ball (even though that place always freaked me out pre-children). They seem to love it, but we couldn't bear to eat the mediocre pizza so we headed to Chick-fil-a for lunch (that will be a regular for the lunch bunch). After that, Reeves and Lucy had a blast swimming with Robin and Holly Turner while I took Greer for her treatment. We were all justifiably exhausted on Tuesday night!

Yesterday, we spent the day at the mall (while my sweet Ann made my house all clean and shiny!). I must say, the highlight of the day was picking out Reeves' new Nike tennis shoes. I have to say Nike because it was "Nike or Die!" Don't ask me why, but "big school" has brought on an obsession with Labels (current label obsessions include Nike & Underarmour). My boy's little world is expanding at a rapid pace! Anyway, Reeves is now OBSESSED with his new shoes. He even got up this morning and "cleaned" them with a wipe....this from my very "unclean" child. We'll see how long it takes for the new to wear off! We also visited the toy store to spend some birthday money, and bought Lucy some new Red Crocs.....it was an expensive day!
Today we spent the morning at Recreation Station (a jumping place for toddlers/pre schoolers). Reeves was a little bored, but Lucy and Maddie had a blast. This picture of Ben was taken there. The babies had fun "playing" together on the floor, and Angela and I had a good visit.
After that little adventure, I decided to take on another one. I HAD to go to Costco and Publix, and against my better judgment, I did it with all 3 kiddos. All in all, it went pretty well.
UNTIL....
I kinda had a lot of stuff, and I kinda didn't close my back hatch too well. This error in judgement resulted in a major disaster! As I attempted to cross the very busy HWY 150 in Hoover, the back hatch released, and out went half my groceries. In the middle of a 4 lane HWY! Yikes!
Sweet little old man to my rescue! He loaded all my stuff in his truck and pulled over to help me reload it all. Luckily, there were no wrecks, and the only fatalities were the diet cokes! Thank Heaven for that !!!
Stay tuned....this weekend Reeves turns 6!

0 kind words: