Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Making up for lost time....

So I guess it's been a few days since I've posted any pictures or life happenings....this post should take care of that!  I can't figure out how to put a slideshow in to the post, so there's a little slideshow over on the right side.  If you click on it you can see the pictures a little bigger.  Still figuring all this blogging stuff out....thanks for caring enough about us to check it out!  I must say that I'm doing all of this (mostly) for Erin (you know it's true) and for my journaling purposes, so pardon the exhaustive details.  But, just in case you're interested in what's been happening.....

This Mother's day weekend was so jam packed with events, it's hard to know where to even begin!!  I'll start with Friday, and the arrival of Charcey (my mom), Bubba (mom's mom), and Big Pop (mom's dad).  Bubba and Big Pop traveled from Fayette, AL in their motor home to Tannehill State Park for a weekend of camping.  Since Lucy was the birthday girl this weekend, she got to go for a special overnight adventure in the camper.  It was quite a treat for Little Lucy.  She got to be queen of everything for a bit.  Don't you know she was eating all that attention up!!!  Reeves had his buddy Jake over to spend the night, and they had quite a good time, too.  We went to the Deer Valley Talent show to cheer on some friends and filled up on junk food....it was quite a treat for all the kiddos that night!
Saturday was Lucy's big day.  It's so hard to believe that my baby is 4!  Where does the time go?  My mom keeps telling me how fast it goes by, and most of the time I have a hard time believing it!  This weekend it was very real to me.  Then I realized that I am about to be the mom of a 6 year old in a couple of weeks....now that is REALLY hard to believe.  So anyway, we weren't sure when Reeves would have his baseball game that day, so I decided to schedule Lucy's party for next Saturday just to be on the safe side.  Well, mommy guilt kicked in a little, and I couldn't let my little 4 year old girl not have some sort of birthday celebration on her ACTUAL birthday!  So, late into Friday night, I baked cupcakes and planned a mini street party.  We had the neighbors over for cupcakes and lemonade and Lucy got to blow out some candles.  Fun was had by all (even though Chris made fun of my cupcakes!).  
After cupcakes, it was off to the ball park for the quarter finals of the tournament.  The Raptors won in a nail-biter and were off to the semi-finals on Monday.  They played an AWESOME game....one of the best of the season!  Sadly, they lost the semi-final game on Monday night, but they did a great job and we were so proud of how hard they played, how much they've improved, and most importantly that they played with honor and dignity in some "not so honorable" circumstances.  We had the best team of kids, parents, and coach dads.  WAY TO GO Raptors!  It was a great season!
(Are you tired yet?  I am)  Next, it was off to a piece of "little girl heaven"....Club Libby Lu!  Lucy's sweet friend LauraBeth had her birthday party at this fabulous place on Saturday night.  Lucy felt like a diva and had an absolutely fantastic time.....I don't know that I've ever seen her so happy!  Since it was her birthday, too, we picked out a few treats that made the night even more special.  Hannah Montana had a lot to do with it!
Then...no I'm kidding.  We went home and crashed after that crazy (but unbelievably fun) day!
Sunday, was a little less crazy, but it was just as special!  Our sweet baby Greer was baptized, and we enjoyed a blessed day with friends and family.  Greer was such an angel, and it couldn't have been more beautiful and holy.  I praise God for the blessing of this precious soul, and know that we are so amazingly blessed to call her ours.  She is truly a gift from God.  One thing that made her baptism even more special was that the minister who baptized her, also baptized me when I was a baby.  Thank you Mickey, we love you! 
We celebrated our Mothers, we celebrated God's love, and we celebrated our many blessings!  It was a wonderful day.  Oh, and we had a GREAT meal!  Lucy even got to blow out some more candles! 
Our afternoon led us back to Tannehill for lots and lots of fun in one of the most beautiful places around.  The kids could have stayed there for a week, and Chris and I decided that we would be back very soon.  You can see from the pictures how much fun we had!
It was a perfect weekend, and when I look back at all that we did, I have a hard time figuring out how we fit it all in.  At least the horrible stomach virus waited till Sunday night (yes, it was quite a way to end the weekend).  Chris had a little touch of it, but I wasn't quite so lucky.  I've finally recovered, and thanks to my Mom (thank you, thank you, thank you) my kids and house were taken care of.  What would we do without our moms?  I love you mom, and I'm praying that you don't get sick!  Honey and Bubba weren't so lucky.... I'm soooo sorry!  

1 kind words:

Erin said...

Thanks for calling me out, Meg! You'll thank me someday for pressuring you to post things on here :). Loved the pictures. Baby Greer looks a lot more like you now!