Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Morning Thoughts

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee in the quiet of the house.  Chris just left to take Reeves and Lucy to school, and Greer is still sleeping (although it took some convincing after her wake up at 4 when she was ready to party like a rock star!).  I'm all packed for my trip to Louisville (I'm going to testify in a trial as a nurse expert.....I know you're impressed :) ), and having more emotions run through me than I thought possible.  I am sad that I am away from Reeves today for field day and his end of the year party.  I can't believe it is the last week of school and that Summer is just days away...actually, Summer starts at the exact moment my plane lands on Thursday.  At that moment, my baby will be a 1st grader!  Unbelievable! 

I am looking forward to the next 2 nights though.  I will get to sleep in a bed all by myself, I will have total control of the remote, I will not be woken up to feed baby Greer (or by another child who happens to end up next to me every morning despite my best efforts at the super nanny techniques), and I will get to travel alone.  I can't remember the last time I didn't have to worry about packing anyone but myself!  Man, it makes traveling immensely easier!  
So pray for us all.  My mom is coming tonight to help with the kids, and I think Chris' mom is going to help some, too.  I will miss them so much, but I've packed the camera for my mac (if I can figure out how it works).  Pray for me as I testify on Wednesday....I'm more than nervous!  Pray for safe travels, too!   

3 kind words:

Amy said...

Oh good luck. Have you ever done that before?

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

No, first time. I'm feeling more confident about it now that I am feeling more prepared. Please pray for me tomorrow though!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Good Luck this weekend. Thanks for adding me as a friend (facebook). I hope that you are all doing well.

I also hope that you do not mind that I will be peeking in here to get updates; I miss you guys greatly and the kids .... Oh My !!

you can catch up on me at www.jeffgreathouse.blogspot.com