Monday, May 26, 2008

Prayers for Greer on the Eve of Treatment #3




Tomorrow, Greer will have her 3rd laser treatment for her Port Wine Stain.  I am experiencing so many emotions, it is hard to even know where to start.  First of all, I am asking for prayers of comfort.  My primary emotion is concern and sadness for the pain that my baby will have to go through tomorrow and the 24-48 hours that follow.  That is about how long it takes for the swelling to ease up and for her to feel like herself following a treatment.  

My second prayer is for strength.  I have made the decision to be with Greer during her treatment tomorrow.  I haven't been able to do it for the other 2.  I was simply too emotional and overwhelmed the first time....I just couldn't do it.  The second time, I had grand plans to be there, but at the last minute I had to take Lucy with me.  I couldn't leave her alone, and I knew Greer was in good hands.  Lucy and I sat in the waiting room together and colored....honestly, it was a good distraction for me.  
Third, is a prayer of praise.  Praise for so many things.  Praise for the insurance approval, praise for the Amazing fading we have seen with only 2 treatments (see the "Bye, Bye Birthmark slideshow over on the right), and praise for my wonderful support group.  I have an amazing network of friends (and family of course) that my precious God has given me.  These friends (including church friends, neighborhood friends, college friends, camp friends, work friends, childhood friends, and last but not least my birthmark buddy friends) have held me up, given me hugs and prayed for us, and they have most importantly LOVED my baby!  What would I do without you all....you know who you are!
Stay tuned....there will be an update tomorrow!  

2 kind words:

Laura said...

Love you, buttercup! The Meyers are praying hard for sweet baby Greer!

TLC Mom said...

Praying all goes well today... Hang in there Mom & "Tough Girl" Greer!