Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Insurance Woes


Quite frankly, I have a love/hate relationship with insurance.  On the one hand, I am grateful that we have it (there was a point last year when I thought I'd never be able to get coverage outside of a company), and that it pays for at least some of our expenses (emphasis on the word SOME).  We do, however, have an extremely high premium and our coverage is an 80/20 plan.....which means a lot of out of pocket expense.  I'm trying to be positive here....

So, yesterday, I called Greer's dermatologist to change the time for her next scheduled treatment on May 20th (#3 for those of you keeping up with them) and they told me that even though our insurance had approved 3 treatments, they had put an "expiration" on the approval.  It expired on April 28th!!!  Greer didn't have her first treatment until March 11th, and we don't have them but every 4-6 weeks.  Their deadline/requirement was completely unreasonable.  UGH!!!
So we are back to the drawing board....
I soooo want her to get all of these treatments out of the way early in her life when they will be most effective and she won't remember anything.  Why in the world can they not just trust that the doctor knows best and keep their noses out of it?  If it was their baby they would approve it in an instant!!!!!  Can you tell I'm a little frustrated?  I'm now praying for patience!

0 kind words: