Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May Madness

When we found out that Reeves was going to be born in early June or possibly the month of May, we thought that it would be perfect (he arrived May 30, 2002).  A mid year birthday meant warm days for birthday parties, and just enough time after Christmas to be ready for some new toys.  What could be better, right?  Then the very next May, my niece Caroline arrived.  And, then, the next May, Lucy arrived (sorry mom!).  All of a sudden, we had 3 kid birthdays, mother's day, and a few more family birthdays in May (Happy Birthday, Honey!).  Then, we started school and I began to realize that May is a month of absolute CRAZINESS!  There are end of the year parties, recitals, baseball tournaments, teacher's gifts, end of the year programs, field days, awards days, and countless other end of the year celebrations. 

 I was frantically emailing the parents in Reeves' class the other night and Chris walked by.  I was typing rather furiously, and he took notice.  He said, "What in the world are you typing so fast?".  I said, "Oh my goodness, this end of the year stuff is madness!!".  He said, "The end of the year?".  I just sighed and laughed a little and said, "never mind."  Only a mom understands that the actual "end of the year" is May....it's not December.  Nothing against my sweet Chris (who has really stepped up to the plate lately to help me out), but to all the moms who are feeling the stress and the strain like I am, just remember that the lazy days of Summer are only a few weeks away. 
 I can't WAIT!  
I miss my kids.  I miss really getting to talk to them, and lay around with them.  I miss playing outside till dusk and not having to worry about getting to bed at a decent hour.  By the time May gets here, I don't feel like we even have much time to breathe.  At the end of the day, we are so exhausted that we don't have the energy to read together every night or talk about what fun things we did that day.  Most sadly, we don't always take the time to pray together.  Without that, everything seems even more chaotic and unmanageable.  So, this May, I am making a promise to myself and to my kids.  We are going to make time to pray more....maybe that will make the May madness not such mayhem!  We'll pray that for all of you, too!

0 kind words: