Friday, May 23, 2008

Aldridge Gardens






So, I want to welcome you to a new regular feature here on our blog. In our little world, today is the official first day of Summer (i.e. the first day out of school for Summer!). I am blessed to have some VERY organized friends (Angela and Shelly) who have a Summer full of fun activities planned for us. When I say organized, I mean organized! They have planned an activity for every day from now through August (complete with a full out excel calender spread sheet!)!

We are never gonna get bored around here! While we are in town, we are going to try to join the group for most of the fun. I am going to try to document each of those days and post about them on that evening. Each entry will be entitled Summer Fun 2008, followed by the day's activity. Maybe it will give you some ideas for Summer fun of your own!
Today we started the morning with a swim at the Hoover Rec indoor pool. The kiddos and I met up with Angela, Maddie, Ben, Shelly, Caden, and Caris for a little swim before lunch. It was my kids first time to swim this season, and Greer's first swim EVER! They had a blast! I am sad I didn't capture any pictures of it. Greer LOVED the water (even though it was quite cold at first)! She cooed and laughed...it was priceless. Of course Reeves and Lucy had fun, and showering off in the women's locker room was actually almost as much fun as the pool. My children are easily entertained!
After swimming, we went to Aldridge Gardens in Hoover. If you are ever in our town, I highly recommend a visit. It is AMAZING! The lake and flowers are breathtaking! We had a picnic in the boathouse and the kids fed the turtles and fish millions of saltine crackers. I hope fish don't count carbs! The babies loved the shade and all 3 of them took a nice nap. We did a little exploring around the gardens and even got a little muddy. It was a wonderful day!
If you wanna see more pics from today, go to my Picasa account!

2 kind words:

Laura said...

hey babe,
looks so fun. i have so enjoyed keeping up with your blog, that i'm doing it now, too:
http://annaleeandshelby.blogspot.com/

amybritton said...

hey megan,
your kids are getting so big and beautiful, i was wondering if u were in a private play group?? i would love to partake in some summer activities and hang out.. i will keep up with the blog or let me know by email.. albritton_1325@yahoo.com or phone is 790-4090
thanks
amy