Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If you think I look bad....


.....you should see the other guy!


All kidding aside, Greer had a great treatment day! In fact, it was her best treatment yet (in terms of her reaction to it). It has always been a huge fear of mine that she will fah-reak out when we drive into the hospital parking lot. Her take on the whole situation is the complete opposite of what I have feared. She claps and cheers and runs for the door. Why? Well....

They have an awesome playroom and gobs of juice and she gets lots and LOTS of attention from Mommy inside those doors.....what else could a girl ask for?

The nurses love her. They think she is just about the funniest baby on the planet. When I walked her to the OR doors, she took to her nurse right away, and it put my heart at ease. The wait was so short today (shorter than most days), and before I knew it, Dr. T came by to give me a report. She had done really well.

Within minutes, G was back in my arms, happy as a drunk skunk. She spewed some hilarious jibberish, and I honestly laughed out loud a couple of times. It made my heart smile after all these dreadful days. I love my funny, baby girl more than my luggage!

We had a great, normal day together. I've missed the normalcy. But the unknown still looms, and my daddy is still sick. My mom is stronger than any human there is, and she needs lifting up. My sisters are there and I am not and a part of me is hollow. Pray for them. Especially my mom. This is really hard.

8 kind words:

megan said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Greer is precious.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

What a blessing that Greer did so well! And I'm still praying for your parents and your dad's doctors!

Tracy said...

I'm so glad she did well for her treatment! And I'm glad you are seeing such great progress.

Will pray for your dad and mom.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Look at all that hair!

Allison

Anna said...

hey sweet friend. i'll be praying for greer's healing and especially your daddy and family. remember: He will never leave your nor forsake you. hang in there. hugs!

Lindsay said...

You amaze me with your positive outlook on things. Hang in there - I am praying for you....and your dad...and your mom & rest of family.

It Feels Like Chaos said...

I am so sorry to hear about your daddy! I am saying prayers for you and your family. So glad to hear Greer did well in her surgery. You are dealing with a lot right now. I pray for God's amazing strength, comfort, and rest for you!

Lindsey Doyle said...

Dear friend, please know that I am praying like crazy...for Greer, for your dad, for your mom, and for you! Know that you are LOVED by so many. Keep your head up and know that He is your refuge. love ya!