Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Speaking of rain....

The girls are still sleeping and Reeves just left for school, so I'm stealing a few minutes to post a little life update. After several days of fever and coughing, I decided it was time to take Lucy in to see our pediatrician. Turns out, she has mycoplasma pneumonia, but she should be on the up and up as soon as these antibiotics kick in. I am praying that this will be our last illness for a while....we haven't had 1 week since school started (that's almost 6 weeks) when all of us were well. Here's hoping for health and wellness!

Speaking of rain (I wasn't speaking of rain, you say?)....I have a confession to make: I have a love affair with rainy days. Give me a rainy afternoon over a bright sunny morning almost any day of the week. I know, weird.

I love the way the dark clouds make the light look on my walls. I love the sound of the raindrops on the window panes and the wind chimes. I love the flash of lightening and the roll of thunder. I love having a good excuse to stay under the covers or head out for a movie. And of course, I love any excuse to wear these....





However....

....I'm as sick of the rain as I am of my family being sick. As much as I've loved crossing a few things off our busy schedule, I am dying to watch Lucy play in her first softball game and Reeves in action on the flag football field. It's too wet to even practice! Here's hoping for some relief from the wet stuff....soon!

I need to call my sister in Atlanta today to make sure she hasn't floated away. Pray for that city (and all those under water)....I can't imagine how devastating it would be to lose precious memories and loved ones in flood waters. Have any of you been devastated by flood or fire? Chris' house burned down when he was in college and his family lost everything.....there are only a handful of pictures of him as a little boy and I don't know that I've ever seen a baby picture of him. It makes us both sad.

So stay dry and stay well and stay safe. And hug on your people....that's what I'm gonna do today.

5 kind words:

Together We Save said...

I am gla you love the rain...you can visit me anytime, I have plenty and I am tired of it. We need some sun to brighten so moods. I hope you daughter is feeling better. Oh and I love your rain boots too BTW.

amorris1967 said...

I didn't know that about Chris' house burning down. My house burned when I was in 9th grade. Thursday, Dec. 17th. The day before we got out for Christmas break. The week before Christmas. Every gift burned, every ornament melted, every audio tape of every birthday party melted into a glob, and poor Baby Jesus and the Nativity Set...burned to a crisp. We called them Baby Jesus and the Crispy Critters for a while. It was the most devastating Holiday season, but is also the most memorable. Our family of 5 moved to a 2 bedroom apartment and my dad's office came and decorated it and bought us gifts. So many good memories out of a tragedy. It's something that never leaves you.

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree about the rain. Its been raining or rainy here for about 3 weeks now... My parents live in Tennesse and the place they live was TOTALLY flooded, insane I know!

Cute Blog, Cute Kids...

Angie said...

I have pair of boots just like yours and I love them!!!

Rachel said...

Those boots are quite the Rage in Tuscaloosa this year! Especially thanks to all of the rain...