Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lazy Sunday afternoon....

.....yeah RIGHT!

So, maybe we've bitten off more than we can chew for this fall, but I'm determined that it's all worth it! See, this is the first time in a really, REALLY long time that I haven't had to work every weekend (or every other weekend) during a "fall-ball" season. So, when it came time to sign the kids up for sports, I decided that it would be "do-able" to have Reeves in fall baseball and flag football.

Sure, we could handle that.

Little did I know, Lucy had some big plans of her own.

This girl was determined to play a sport this fall. How could we possibly deny her? She has never shown an interest in sports until this year, and she asked all Summer when it would be her turn to "play baseball like Reeves". So, Chris and I thought about it and talked it through, and decided that this would be the perfect time to sign her up for some softball.

So, here we are!

Saturday mornings at the flag football field (well, if it ever decides to stop raining here in Alabama): Reeves playing, Lucy cheering. Sunday afternoons at the baseball park AND softball park. I know....we're nuts!

Or are we? I bet there are some brave souls reading this blog who do WAY more than that. God Bless You!



Reeves was exhausted this afternoon, so we let him skip out on baseball camp. Since we had already arranged to have a sitter for Greer (don't even get me started on how nuts we would be to take her to the ballpark!), we let him stay home with them. They both slept the afternoon away while we hit the park with Lucy. What a big day for our girl!!!



I have a picture of Chris working with Reeves that is almost identical to this one. I HAVE to find it so I can show you. My sweet husband is so patient as the batting coach. Doesn't she look like a natural?

I know, I'm biased. Who cares? It's my blog, right?




Check out that determination! Man, does she love it! I really can't believe it. Chris said, "Man, she's really a natural. I kinda feel bad for not working with her sooner!" Guess all three of them will be heading to the batting cages this week!

Plenty of time, plenty of time.



You wouldn't believe how cute they all are out there! Their age group ranges from barely 4 year olds up to 6 year olds. Some are veterans and some have never held a bat. Lucy is loving it so far, and we'll see what happens. It was just the first game. Next week she may be soooo over softball.....
....we'll see!


One of the cutest things they do happens after the game is over. The teams line up and have a relay race with the softball. I think they enjoy this even more than the actual game!



Check out that number 24. If you know my husband at all, then you know that isn't a coincidence! Ha!


...and I haven't even mentioned that we're co-leading a married couple's small group or that we're super involved with church on Sunday mornings (which is an amazingly good thing).

Whew! Would God be disappointed?

Please tell me "NO"!

2 kind words:

HHSBuccanettes said...

Megan, Lucy looks like a softball pro already!!!
I want to come watch her sometime!
And Chris WOULD put her in a 24 jersey. Oh my word.
Sounds like y'all have your plates filled this fall (:
-MK

Jann2U said...

They are only kids once! Enjoy it!!! This is what memories are made of! :-)