Monday, September 7, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure

This past week has been one of the most overwhelming weeks of my entire life.


Seriously.

Daddy's still in the hospital, and I can't be there to help my mom (who needs God's strength and our prayers most of all). While Daddy was still in ICU, I spent 8 hours in the ER gripped with pain from my ailing gallbladder and promised my family I'd take the time off to have the surgery I need......soon. On Tuesday, Greer had her 8th laser treatment. On Wednesday we both recovered. On Friday, Reeves had a fieldtrip that I couldn't chaperone (cause I had to get back to work) and Greer fell at school and hit her head and lost consciousness for a few seconds and had to go to the Emergency Room.....and I was working and couldn't take her myself. Thank God my sweet husband handled it with grace and calm. Now? Lucy is running fever and feeling puny. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

And yet, we're all Ok. None of it is major stuff (well, except for Daddy's recovery....he has a long way to go yet)....compared to what so many others are facing. It's all about perspective, and I know enough to know that I have it good. I know that it's not all about me! It's about growing and learning and trusting and believing. Through these challenges, I'm filled with a peace that passes all understanding.

Seriously....


....I'm sleeping well. I'm soaking in the love of family. I'm praying for my daddy and my precious mom. I'm eating meals with dear old friends. I'm napping and cooking and catching up on laundry. I'm watching football and reading with my kids. I'm running errands with my husband and buying birthday presents for my sister (NO Erin, I didn't forget your birthday :)....

and eating pancakes with bacon and Dreamland Ribs and homemade chicken salad. I'm screaming "Roll Tide"! I'm cheering for dirty little 7 year old football players. I'm helping babies come into the world and teaching new mother's how to breastfeed for the first time. I'm thanking friends for their prayers and support. I'm laughing when Greer spins around till she's dizzy. I'm playing "babies" with Lucy. I'm getting myself ready to lead a small group with Chris. I'm gearing up for football games and softball games and baseball games and dance classes!!

I'm soaking in the sweetness of my life.....

....and as my Pastor challenged me in his message yesterday (man, did I mention how much I needed to spend time in Worship!?) .....

I'm taking time to remember how EXTRAVAGANTLY GOOD God has been to me!

....because despite all the stress and issues and drama and fear and sickness and surprises....

God has blessed me beyond measure!


5 kind words:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

WHAT A WEEK! I am so encouraged by your attitude about it, though. Stay strong!

redhead said...

Hope everyone gets to feeling better!! You are so right about the being blessed comment. It's about our attitude towards the events in our life - how we react to them!! And there are just times when amongst all the chaos we need to smile and know that God has it all handled!!

Leslie said...

I enjoyed reading your post today! I am still praying for your family. We are blessed beyond measure just because He is our God! Just wanted to let you know I put off having my gall bladder removed for 9 months until I started getting Pancreatitis and was forced to have emergency surgery. I was so scared, but 1 day after surgery I was up cooking dinner for my precious family and 4 days later I was in Gatlinburg on an anniversary trip. I still can't believe it, but it really was not bad at all! I just wanted to encourage you today!

Chris Goins said...

Great post, Megan... Thanks for being so real, vulnerable and authentic.... We're praying for you guys and your Dad, and know that God's purposes are always for our "ultimate" good... Keep the faith!

Candice Reed Robbins said...

I finally have some time to catch up on blogs and really want to thank you for this post. In this world where I get consumed with all I have going on and the stress I feel - your post reminds me to stop and remember how good God has been to me and there are so many others who have justified reasons to complain. It makes my load easier to carry. Blessings!