Sunday, August 30, 2009

Please Pray

Daddy and Greer, May 2008

The past few days have been a blur for our family. Early Thursday afternoon, my Daddy collapsed during a meeting at work. Four of his partners (he is a pediatrician) responded immediately and began CPR. Those 4 men (along with my awesome Father in Heaven) brought my Daddy back to life. He was rushed to the hospital where he underwent surgery to repair his broken heart. His life is a living, breathing miracle, and we are so very thankful that we still have him here on Earth.

Please remember him and especially my mom in your prayers in the coming days. As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time and he is still pretty sick. He is still in ICU, but we hope he will be moved to a regular room soon. My dad is tough as nails, and I have faith that he is going to come out of this stronger. Please pray for our family and friends as they travel to be with us in this time. I can't tell you how much your prayers mean to us.

12 kind words:

megan said...

Hi Megan,
I read you blog often, but normally don't comment. I will keep your dad in my prayers. I know all to well what it is like to have a daddy with a broken heart. Keep your head up.

anonymous said...

praying for you and your family. my dad had 5 (very unexpected)bypasses in Oct. of '06 so i know your worry.

shanna

gillian said...

I know what a difficult time this is for you and your family. I am praying for his complete healing and for the comfort He will provide you.

C H R I S T I said...

Our family has been praying for you and your family all weekend and will continue to do so. I can't imagine how difficult this time is for ya'll. I pray that God will heal your daddy and take care of your family during this difficult time. Hang in there girl!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I've been following your updates via FB and Twitter, so I've kept your family and your dad's caregivers in my prayers all weekend. I can only imagine how scary this must have been, and if you're like me, your dad is an irreplaceable figure in your life. Love ya, girl!

Beth said...

Megan,

Praying for you and your family. May God surround you during this time & give your Dad a speedy recovery.

The Stokley Family said...

Will start praying now. God is with you!

Heather of the EO said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I hope he's continuing to improve and that your hearts are filled with peace and assurance.

Prayers for you and yours,
Heather

Ginger said...

Praying for you and your family Megan!

robyn keller said...

Please know that you and all your family are in my prayers!!

JaniceFry said...

Meggie, I've been so anxious to hear anything so I'm so glad you took time to blog about your dad and how he's doing. Know our family is lifting yours up in prayer (and thanksgiving)! Love you! mama fry xxoo

Lindsay said...

You know, having just gone through this (heart-attack) this past week - I've realized that it's SOOOO hard on the family. It's totally and utterly mentally exhausting. Waiting. Praying. Waiting some more and praying some more. So hang in there - lots of people are lifting your family in prayer. As hard as it is - get some rest. He'll need you there for his recovery.

(((hugs)))