Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Brief Update on My Life

Sorry for ye bloggy absence....it's been a busy few days!


Where to start? Well, the sickness found us me and Reeves, and we've been pushing through. I refuse to let it get me down, so I have tried to let every non-essential in my life go undone while I heal. It's the best rest we mothers can hope for.....it is true what they say! Nope, no rest for the weary.

I did have quite a motivator for getting well, though. Our bestest friends came in to town for a visit (remember the ones who moved to Raleigh), and we had some good times. I am dying for Amy to post the Flip Video she caught of Jake surprising Reeves at our front door. Priceless is all I'm gonna say. I promise to post it as soon as she does!

Tomorrow is a big day for me! It's my first workday (I work 2 days a week as a labor and delivery nurse in case you didn't know...) since the kids started back to school. And since Chris has to be up at the Rick and Bubba Studio bright and ridiculously early, it will be my sole responsibility to get the rest of us up and at 'em....and neatly deposited at said schools. I am a wee bit nervous about pulling it off. I have run the route a few dozen times, though, and if we can pull out of the driveway by precisely 6:53, then we should all make it on time. I'll be sure to keep you updated on how it all goes down.....

So....the bags are packed, the animals are fed, the clothes are laid neatly on the dining room table. That reminds me, I need to go set the coffee maker. The children are nestled all snug in their beds....drugged on cough medicine and hot cocoa. Pray that they don't fight me in the morning. Or have any major meltdowns concerning hair tangles, toothpaste flavors, or sock comfort. But mostly, pray for sweet Greer! She is going to be in for a rude awakening come 6:40....that girl hasn't woken up before 9 am in over a year! She's my happy girl, though, she'll be fine! Good thing she adores her school (have I mentioned that? Well, she does.....she calls the place "PLAY"! Hallelujah & Praise the Lord)!

Sweet dreams y'all!


2 kind words:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Our bus comes at 7:00, so we're outside waiting on it around 6:53 every morning. It IS hard to get everyone up and dressed by then, but the kids are remarkably resilient! After Meet-the-Teacher last night, though, I'm worried about the upcoming demands of homework and what that will do to our bedtimes!

Rachel said...

YEESH!!! Poor Greer - mine likes to sleep late too, and she WOULD be quite rude if she were awakened that early!

And poor you - I seriously cannot imagine getting out the door that early with any kiddos, let alone more than one! More power to you!