Friday, July 4, 2008

We made it....

We are at the beach...finally! It was about the most difficult packing job to date, and I am absolutely relieved to finally be here! I can't believe how much time and energy it takes to pack 5 people.... it is unbelieveable. I saved most of the packing for today, and it made for a late start, but the trip was pretty uneventful....except for the TICKET!
Yep, we got a ticket today. We were trying to make it to the Subway in Andalusia with a crying 6 month old, and Chris got a little heavy footed. Just as we came over a little hill, we were caught. Ugh! The worst part was how upset Reeves got. He cried and cried because he thought they were going to take Daddy to jail! It was pitiful....but not pitiful enough to get us out of the ticket. I mean, come on. Since when can a crying baby AND a crying 6 year old not get you out of a ticket. Glad it was Chris and not me. I would have been in tears (hey, maybe THAT would have made the difference!)
The funniest part was that it was the 3rd ticket in our close circle of friends in 2 weeks! Barrett and Bethany got a ticket a couple weeks ago, and Keith and Amy got one yesterday! I guess we were the lucky ones to confirm the old wives tale that "bad news comes in threes".
Praying for only good things in the coming days!
We'll keep you posted!

0 kind words: