Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Lesson in Patience: Day 5!!

Day 5 (total time 22 minutes!)


OK, I must say that I am now a believer.  Keeping up with the specific numbers day by day is making an impression on me.  I am amazed that this is working as well as it is, since every couple of nights we have let him fall asleep on the couch.  

Tonight we had our dear friends, the Enseys, over to have dinner.  We had a really nice time, and I was expecting tonight to be a big battle because of the stimulation.  I was very pleasantly surprised!!  They headed home at 8 and we pretty much started the bedtime routine as soon as they left.  Officially, we started at 8:30 after reading a book together on the couch.  After changing to pjs, brushing teeth, and heading up stairs, we tucked them both in.  I said prayers with each of them, and Reeves begged us to lay in the hallway.  Again!  We just said, "nope, buddy, you know we will be right downstairs and we love you".  We quickly came downstairs, ignoring Lucy's cries (it was again contagious, but this time she stayed in bed).  Reeves followed us down, but we threatened to take away Power Rangers again, and he was back to bed pretty quickly.  He came down a couple more times, but went back up on his own after more threats.  
By 8:52, he was down and out!  

It's working!  There is hope!

0 kind words: