Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Porch Time


I haven't posted in a few days, and I thought I would just let you know what is going on. I'm sitting on the porch at my parents condo in Destin enjoying one of the last nights here. The sweet sounds of music float in the air, along with precious coos from baby Greer. She is entertaining herself in her exersauser and I'm enjoying the salty air and the sweet taste of a mojito. Lucy and Reeves just ran out here to swing on the porch swing and now I hear it's creaky sounds. The day has been perfect....at least perfect from my perspective.
We woke up to yummy donuts from The Donut Hole (thanks Daddy), had several cups of hot coffee, laid around in our PJs watching the news and cartoons, colored a little, took a morning nap (Greer), then we threw on our bathing suits and headed to the pool. We swam for a while, then it was time for lunch and a nap (or a movie), and then more pool time.

We all have our favorite beach moments. Reeves has developed a golf obsession (thanks to the surrounding golf course and a nice set of golf clubs). Charcey has taken him out almost every night to hit on the holes after the golfers have finished their games for the day. He's actually pretty good, and I'm afraid we have adopted a new (and fairly expensive) new hobby.


Lucy is swimming like an absolute FISH. She learned to dive this week, and can do about 5 flips underwater in a row. She has also worn the same outfit for 2 weeks now (a record I think) and I don't even care. If I had only known all we would need was a bathing suit, her Hannah Montana nightgown, and one little outfit I might not have stressed so much about packing!


For Greer, well, she's about as happy as any little baby could be! She loves her days down here. I mean, it is baby HEAVEN! She is basically eating, sleeping, and playing. She doesn't have to get schlepped around in a carseat all day, and she can stay in her PJs all the time. Her favorite thing is swinging with her Charcey on the porch swing. It lulls her into a catatonic state that is hilarious to see. Her little body turns in to a limp little noodle!


Papa is cooking another yummy meal (did I mention that we have our own private chef), and the smell is drifting out the open door. I should probably go and take a shower, but then again, I might just skip it tonight.


3 kind words:

Val said...

You did such a wonderful job describing what it is to be at the beach!! I now am really excited about our week there next week! Your kids are so adorable, the picture looks great! :-)

Amy said...

I agree with Val. Your description made me feel as though I were there with you and the fam for a minute. Glad you are having such a wonderful time, you deserve this.

biker chic said...

ok so i'm completely jealous after that description!! though i have had some seriously good mojitos lately, we can't otherwise compare to that bliss.