Thursday, July 3, 2008

Celebrations

I realize that I have posted lots and lots of prayer requests on my blog, but I don't often mention the praises in my life (and in the lives of those I love).  I am flooded tonight with happiness for some awesome things that are happening around me, and I feel God urging me to share those things.  Here are as many as I can think of (I'm sure there are more), in no particular order:


1.  Tomorrow we are off to the beach for 2 weeks.  Chris will be there for most of it, and at the end of the trip, we will join our family in Fairhope for the wedding of my cousin Lee and his beautiful bride-to-be Meredith.  We are all really looking forward to being together!  It has been almost 6 years since we've had a full reunion of the Rutland side.  

2.  Lucy is so excited to see a "real" wedding!

3.  Greer is doing great with her treatments, and the fading is amazing.  We pray that it continues to fade away!!  We are actually postponing her next treatment till August 5th so that she can have the benefit of a new laser that Dr. Theos is getting.  This should really be of great benefit to her, and we are thrilled that this treatment will be under General Anesthesia (no pain during treatments!)

4.  Our friend, Russell Jackson, is being honored this week as "CNN's Hero of the Week."  In fact his story is about to air on Larry King Live.  Russell founded Kid One Transport, and is an amazing man with an amazing family.  We are so proud of you Russell!

5.  Reeves' wonderful kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Keeney, is a finalist for a BIG award.  She worked very hard to get this far, and we are immensely proud of her.  Let's pray she wins the grand prize!  She deserves it.

6.  Rollins Wilkerson (my friend Brooke's little girl with Leukemia) has had a couple of really good days.  They have received  good news concerning her future, and we celebrate with her family!  God is Good!  There is absolutely Power in Prayer!

7.  My dear friend Bethany Edgeworth was accepted into nursing school this week!  I am so proud and excited for her.  

8.  Discovery United Methodist (our church) has a new Senior Pastor.  Julie Holly is doing a fabulous job, and everyone is really excited to see what is about to happen there.  It is an awesome thing to be a part of!

9.  Lily (our sick cat) seems to be doing better.  For some reason, she has a massive appetite lately.  She has gained some weight and is looking healthier in general.  We will just wait to see what happens, I guess.

10.  And, last but not least, I  feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is such a great life partner.  God is so Good!

0 kind words: