Monday, July 28, 2008

A lesson in patience: Day 6!!!


Day 6 (total time 14 minutes!)


I am probably being optimistic, but this just might be my last post on the bedtime topic!  

HOOOORAY!!

Chris left me tonight to go to a Steve Green concert (a lifelong obsession of his, if you know Chris), so I braved it alone.  I was really worried how this one might go since we had such an atypical day in our little world.  Reeves was not quite 100% after his night of vomiting and day of tummy troubles, and the girls both had checkups today (which included a total of 7 shots and 1 finger prick).  Let's just say, we weren't all at our best!  

Even after all that....we did GREAT tonight!!!

Greer went down at about 7:30, and after that we had a great time cuddling and Lucy did my hair!  I gave them till 8:30, then it was bedtime.  

With NO fight, they brushed teeth, went to the bathroom, and headed upstairs.  We read 2 books, said prayers, and I tucked them both in at 8:45.  

Here came the trouble.  It was a bit of a crying frenzy with Lucy jumping out of bed about 4 times.  She finally stayed put when I threatened to tell Daddy.  Reeves only got up twice (saying his tummy hurt, even though I knew it really didn't).  

I headed downstairs, followed by Reeves (whom I sent right back up), and then I waited.   At 8:59, Reeves came down one more time.  I kissed him and sent him back up.....and that was it!

YAY!

0 kind words: