Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summers at Seascape


I am so blessed! Besides the obvious things (Reeves, Lucy, Greer, Chris....my everyday life in general), I am blessed to have an awesome "original" family (maybe not the best description, but I can't think of a better way to say it). My mom, my dad, my sisters Rachel and Erin....we have always been a tight bunch. Ever since my parents moved to Gadsden (when I was about 3), we have been vacationing in Destin, FL in our condo at Seascape. Although, the location has been constant, the condo has been updated some over the years (thanks to a major fire and a major flood). All in all, it is basically our second home. We are amazingly lucky that we get to spend several weeks here each Summer and my kids feel like it is now their special place, too.

This Summer, we will get to be here even more than we usually are (Yay!). We arrived yesterday (in 2 VERY packed out minivans) for 2 weeks of fun. Right now, it is all of us....minus dads/husbands (Dad and Chris are coming this weekend...Matt can't make it for this trip). Reeves, Lucy, Greer, Rachel, Caroline, Olivia, Erin, Charcey (my mom), and me...all in a 3 bedroom condo. I can't believe it doesn't feel more crowded. I guess it's all the little people! Greer doesn't take up much space...in fact, she's sleeping in a closet (I'll post a pic of that later!). We tried to pack "lightly" this time....whatever that means. I'll probably be amazed at how much our stuff "grows" as the week moves on.
So, here is a picture of me with my sisters from last Summer. I'll be posting pics from this year soon...probably in the next couple of days. Stay posted.

0 kind words: