Sunday, October 4, 2009

I really need to tell you this....

Chris and I make a good team. Always have. It's an especially amazing blessing now that our kiddos are going a million different directions. And lately, it seems like one of them is always sick....that's just a little bonus!

Lately, I feel like God has been trying to remind me of how awesome my husband is.

I know I take him for granted. I do. All the time. I'm trying to do better....I promise I am.

He's a dedicated father, husband, provider, child of God. He puts up with a LOT of junk from me.....I mean, really! I'm not the easiest person to live with, ahem, but he loves me and our babies ferociously.

For 3 and a half years, he took care of the kids every weekend while I worked (thank the good LORD I don't have that same schedule these days) and he tells me almost every day how much he appreciates what it takes to be with the kids all day long. Do you know how awesome it is to have a husband who has literally walked in your shoes? Amazing.

He coaches 3 little league teams, makes pink pancakes on the weekends, and makes the bed. He works 3 jobs and meets the kids at the bus stop and combs hair into ponytails. He prays for me when I'm struggling and worries about the kids when they are sick. He unloads the dishwasher and wipes down the counter and pays the bills. He stays up all night to put together a video for worship. He yearns to know God more and to be the best man he can be. He gets up at 3 am everyday so that he will have time to spend in communion and prayer with God.

He doesn't get mad when I drop my cellphone in the pedi-bowl or blow my tire out for the 4th time because I seem to always run into the curb.

No, he's not perfect.

Sometimes he gets on my nerves. He leaves the seat up and the wet towel on the floor and the milk on the top of the refrigerator.


No, I'm not perfect either.

I nag him about leaving the seat up and the wet towel on the floor and the milk on the top of the refrigerator.

We both screw up. A lot. But you know what I know I know is true?


He loves me.

He loves us.

He loves Jesus.



That's it. And that's enough.


5 kind words:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Agreed....think i will go snuggle up with my husband and appreciate him a little or whole lot more!

lenwa said...

your relationship is what i hope to find one day...

seriously...you are both such AMAZING people and i am thankful i still randomly get to cross paths with you both!

many hugs to you and chris!

Lindsay said...

Great post - I love it!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

What a wonderful tribute to Chris! I know that he appreciates YOUR appreciation of him so much. You guys really ARE a great team!

Shannon Johnson said...

Preach it sister....love to hear awesome comments from godly wives loving their godly husbands. :) You guys are great role models for others and your family is blessed...and highly favored. :) Love you all!