Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Can't wait for the stillness!

We're busy, y'all. It seems like ye ole blog has fallen by the wayside....and I must admit that it has been low on my priority list lately. Sad, I know. It stinks that when I have millions of things to post about, I can't seem to find time to post about any of them! Oh well, I'll give it a shot!


The kids are pumped about Halloween, and frankly, so am I. We are heading to Gadsden to spend the evening with my parents and the kids just about can't stand it. It's our first year (in a long time) to not be dressing up as a family. We did a family theme for 3 years in a row....but this year I just decided to let the kids take their pick. I can't wait to unveil the results! Nothing spectacular, but every costume has a story. I promise to give you a full-on post on the subject later in the week....

Lucy has her first "real" fieldtrip tomorrow, and we are so excited about it. We are heading to a real "working" farm where we will pick cotton, feed cows, pet goats, run through a hay maze, and choose a pumpkin. The kindergarten classes have been studying all about farm animals (remember the farm breakfast) and are even awaiting the arrival of a bunch of baby chicks!

In FACT....

....those chicks are going to be hatching sometime tonight or tomorrow, and YOU can watch them LIVE by clicking here! Cool, huh? The kids are beyond excited! I bet your kids would love watching, too! Check it out!

All that and so much more. I'm trying to keep things in perspective and soak it all in. I love my life....all the crazy busy fun, but sometimes I just want to be still.

Still.

I'm not sure I even know what that word means anymore....

....but don't you worry! I'm about to have a rendezvous with stillness. Yep, that's something I'm going to find time for. Real soon.

How do you find time to be. still. ???? I would love to know!

0 kind words: