Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's been a busy week or so, y'all!

And I'm gonna go ahead and warn you...

....this post is going to be sorta long and have lots of pictures.

Just so ya know!

First and foremost, I need to share the sad news. I've just mustered up the strength to post about it, so I'm going to keep it brief as to not open the floodgates again.

Our precious kitty, Lily, is in heaven.


And yes, I wholeheartedly believe that she is in heaven (along with Sapphire and Clancy and Molly and Maisie and Savannah and Max and Bandit and Chloe....and probably some I'm forgetting). Well, maybe not Chloe, she was a a little mean :) JK, Erin!

Lily has been sick for a couple of years, and we decided that she just couldn't go on suffering anymore. The kids were so sad (especially Lucy), but I think they understand. We are attempting to let this situation jump-start some understanding of death and eternity and heaven....this has been quite a journey for all of us. We will bury Lily in Gadsden next week with many of my beloved childhood pets. The kids are taking it all in, and I would be so honored if you would say a prayer for this situation. It's still pretty hard.

Even with the sadness of losing Lily, life is marching on. We're busy with school and sports and church and friends and homework and all sorts of other stuff....





...like our first High School Football game! In cool football weather! Yay!

I can't say that the cool weather has lasted, but we're praying that it comes back real soon. Last Friday night was so much fun for us and the kiddos. We headed over to cheer on our Hoover Bucs (and sadly, they didn't win) against Vestavia Hills. Between their previous domination and my absence from all other games, I'm a little worried that we were the bad luck charm! Good thing I don't believe in luck! Go Bucs, you'll get 'em next time!


See, we weren't only there to watch a football game.....our favorite Buccanette was performing! We love us some Mary Kate!



And as you can see, the end of the game didn't do much for Lucy! That girl can fall asleep anywhere....as we would soon discover!



Our weekend marched on. Sunday was as crazy as ever....church, softball, baseball, small group, Lucy hiding under a bed and falling asleep. Us panicking and almost calling 911 and finding her and feeling complete relief...and after all that, we started the brand new week off with a bang.

Or the knock of the snooze button.

Yep, I let my kids sleep-in on Monday morning!

I know, I know....

.....but it was sooooo worth it!

We all need a mental health day every once in a while, right?

And speaking of that....I got a little mental health moment of my own this week!


Our old Bunco group had a little reunion at my friend Jenny's house....and it was so much fun.

We talked and ate and sipped and laughed and caught up on old times. I love these girls.

Wanna know what else I loved? Jenny's Halloween decorations....



....I found me some of those cool skeletons today, and you can bet they're already hanging from my dining room chandelier. I promise to post some pics real soon!

4 kind words:

Julie said...

Our family's cat died several years ago. We buried her behind our house, then planted a tree to remember her by. We had to move a couple of years after, but whenever we are in town visiting friends, we drive by and look to see how tall "Ziggy's tree" has gotten.

HHSBuccanettes said...

I am SO glad y'all came out to the Hoover game last week!! The pictures turned out so cute =)
Come back for a playoff game in November, and maybe you'll get to witness a Hoover victory!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lily ... I know how hard that is. Our boys are still talking about Ellie's death, and it's been 11 months. We, too, believe that our pets go to Heaven. (I sort of just made a unilateral decision about that, and I'm sticking to it.) Praying for you guys and the kids!

JaniceFry said...

Sorry about Lily! As you know, we had to have Maggie put to sleep back in May after 19 years! Katie was only 5 when we got her! I'm glad I got to see her the day we dropped by with the Knick Nat's! She looked sick, tho, so you did the best thing. It still doesn't take away the sadness tho...Tell Lucy Bug that Lily is running and chasing mice with Maggie in heaven. (sorry mice, guess you're still being chased even in heaven! LOL)...hugs! love you!!!