Saturday, October 10, 2009

Surfin' Saturday....

.....it's been awhile!



I am working today (and I worked yesterday, too).....you know how those days have been lately. So, in light of my bloggy absence, I thought I'd post a couple of links to some things that are heavy on my heart right now....



Dr. Oz happened to have a segment on his show yesterday featuring a young woman with a Port Wine Stain birthmark like Greer has. While I am thrilled that the topic was featured on a major show like this, I must admit that I was a bit disappointed by the "info-mercial-ness" of it all. Oh, how I wish he had focused a bit more on the medical impact of PWS and about other "miracle" therapies like laser and support groups. Oh well, at least he's getting some info out there!




And now, on a much more serious note, a precious little patient of my dad's went to be with Jesus yesterday. He was born with a rare disorder and many challenges, but he lived for almost 2 years.....a miracle in itself. Please read little Ian's story and say a prayer for his sweet family. Taking care of Ian over the past couple of years has been so amazingly special for my daddy and his nurse, Joan.....and I know his heart (his still healing heart) is breaking for Mary and Wae. I am lifting them up in prayer as they face the coming minutes, days, weeks, and months without baby Ian. I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose a child. If you get a chance, please leave a word of encouragement for them over on their guestbook...I know they would appreciate it!



Oh, and speaking of Joan, would you please say a prayer for her? As I type this, her mom is gravely ill. Please pray for peace and comfort for her in this very difficult time. She loved Ian and her own Mama so very much...I love you Joan!

2 kind words:

Tracy said...

Wow, I just watched that segment on the Dr. Oz show and like you I am disappointed in what the show was about. Medical makeup? There are so many other things that can be mentioned about PWS. But you're right, at least he got some information out there.

Samantha said...

oh what a super cute picture! I just found your blog, but I am going to learn more about PWS. I have never heard of it!

Praying for that babe too!