Monday, January 4, 2010

A whole lot of random...

...coming your way! No pictures for this first post of 2010, but I promise to dig up a few very soon....we've had a blast over the past 2 weeks! Now to catch you up and give you a giggle...


School's out till tomorrow, and it's freakin' freezin'! I mean seriously cold for these parts. We may even see the white stuff by the end of the week! I would really appreciate a snow day Friday since my kiddos probably won't make it to school before lunchtime anyway. Seems we have a rather important obligation this Thursday night! Can I hear a Rooooollllll Tide, Roll?!

My kids almost ended up at school today cause it seems I was a little confused about the actual "post holiday return date". Wouldn't it make since to start back on a Monday? Turns out that today was a teacher work day....I suppose they need to ease back in to the whole school routine, too!

So, we partied hard for 2 weeks, and I had a full "work weekend" to start the new year. Just so you know.....

....I really do love my job. If only for the entertainment value!

When I work in the maternity ER, one of our duties is to answer phone calls from the patients. Many of the calls are legitimate and straight-forward. A handful of them are little pearls meant to keep us on our toes and to give us a little chuckle during a long, hard shift! I thought you might get a kick out of a few that we got this weekend....

"How you doin'? I had my baby a couple of weeks ago.....is it OK for me to wash my hair?" Me, "Yes, honey, that's an old wives tale....PLEASE wash your hair!"


"Hey, how you doin'? I really want to have a cup of hot tea, is that OK, or will it burn my baby?" Me, "No, honey, it will NOT burn your baby. It isn't growing in your stomach!"


"Is this a nurse?" (my friend Amanda took this call), "Yes ma'am, this is a nurse, how can I help you?" Patient, "how you doin'? I have a headache. Can I put a cold cloth on my head or will it give me a seizure?" Amanda....


...."seriously?"

??????

5 kind words:

Amy said...

I miss my L and D job. Thanks for making me laugh.

C H R I S T I said...

That is a riot! I can only imagine some of the calls you get! Too Funny!

Anna said...

these totally cracked me up! thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

LOL! I would seriously LOVE to read a book written by L&D nurses! ;-)

Unknown said...

so funny! i'm an L&D nurse too. It's amazing some of the stories we could tell!!