Thursday, January 14, 2010

The New Year so Far....

My New Years Resolution (well, one of them anyway) is to be more deliberate with my time and more focused on relationships. The relationships that really matter to me. Jesus, family, beloved friends....the most important stuff of life. So that's what I've been busy doing.

I have amazing people around me. People who love me and make me think. They make me laugh and they make me cry. They make me better and they challenge me to grow.

I'm enjoying my kids more than I ever have. I had an amazing Christmastime with my family. I can't wait to see what this new year brings...

This past weekend was amazing! Greer turned 2 on Sunday. TWO! We had a "staycation" at the local resort....what an amazing little treasure to have this lovely place right down the road. Good food, friends, swimming in the middle of the coldest winter Alabama has ever seen. Adjoining rooms with our dear, sweet friends. We topped it off with a decadent breakfast at the fancy hotel restaurant and made it to church just in time for some unbelievable worship.....what could be better!?

I can hardly believe how fast the past 2 years have gone....the past 10 years for that matter!!! Chris and I will have our 10th anniversary this March. It's like I blinked and it is gone.

I shouldn't say gone. That sounds so negative. I have a million pictures and stories imbedded in my soul from the past 10 years. The stuff of a wonderful life with my beloved family. I can wish that my picture albums were all filled up or that my home movies were all loaded on the hard drive, but all those memories are with me everywhere I go. I am thankful for how they shape me and move me and make me happy....

....but I digress. It's been a sentimental day for me!

Check out this picture that I posted as my profile pic on Facebook (did you know it's "throwback" week)....




Any guesses?!

P.S. I totally hope you'll post a throwback picture on your Facebook page! It has been so fun seeing my friends way back when!!!

0 kind words: