Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Business of Today

After a crazy three day weekend, Greer and I are spending the day at home catching up on all the "stuff" that gets forgotten when the business is playtime. Laundry, clutter, dishes, toys strewn here and there, phone calls, paper stacks, emails....the stuff I want to hide in a closet and forget about. But it catches up with me eventually and I must face the reality of a busy life with 3 young children and a husband and well, you know. I've made a big dent, and I can't believe that the bus will be turning around in the cul-de-sac in about 20 minutes.....where has my day gone?


I haven't really been reading blogs lately. My own blog posting has taken a back seat, too, but I'm writing posts as I feel lead and it feels really good. Sometimes all I feel like doing is posting the pictures so I won't forget about them. I realized that the pressure to blog was stealing my joy in sharing my heart....that's not what it was started for. I miss some of my faithful blogging friends, and I hope to catch up with them soon. Today I decided to read what Sherri Burgess is writing out in the blogosphere, and it reminded me how much I get from reading the hearts of wonderful women of faith. Today is a tough day for the Burgess family....a day I will never forget. Here is my post from last year on this day.

Here is her latest post.

Pray for her. Pray for them.

....and my theme for the week:

Love on your people!

0 kind words: