Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Down ???????? to go.....



So, the first laser treatment is in the books (is that the saying?).  It has been an emotional day, but I must say, I have really had a peace about this, and it proved to be a true peace.  Today could not have gone better.  First of all, thanks to all of you for the many many prayers.  We have felt completely surrounded by God's love because of your many prayers.....thank you, thank you, thank you!  This baby has received more prayers and grace than almost any other baby I know.  She was consecrated with ashes on Ash Wednesday, anointed with oil this past Sunday, has received the prayers from hundreds, and as we were leaving the hospital today, a Priest blessed her and made the sign of the cross on her forehead.  Praise be to God for this tiny little soul!

As you can see from the pictures, she is bruised.  That is a GOOD thing.  The more bruising the better, that is what we want!  She did cry during the procedure, but as soon as it was over, and I held her in my arms she quickly calmed down.  Within 10 minutes she was even smiling.  I don't even think it is bothering her a bit.  We are so grateful!  We will continue to document her progress, and we would love your continued prayers.  It looks like treatments will be more frequent than I first thought....our next one is scheduled for April 15.  
Now we ask that you pray for happy healing and great fading....that is our goal in all this.  Thanks to all of you....we love you!

6 kind words:

TLC Mom said...

so glad today wasn't too rough. will keep you all in our prayers... thanks so much for dinner last night, it was delicious! you are awesome!

JennV said...

YAY Greer! I'm soo glad that her first treatment went so well! Hopefully they all will go this smoothly!

The 6 Boxes said...

God is so good! I felt His presence so strongly on Sunday, and I know He continues to bless Greer's life! We are so happy everything went so well, and we will continue to keep you in our prayers! We love you all!

Debbie, George, and "The Boys"

Missy said...

I am so happy that Greer's treatment went so well. God has you all in His arms and the Mileski Bunch is so blessed. Greer joined a beautiful family and she fits right in regardless of her birthmark. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers and hope that things go well. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I'm only 20 minutes away but it sure appears you have some wonderful friends for support. Give my little nephew and nieces a kiss from me.

I love you, Aunt Missy

april said...

we are sooooo glad it went as well as it could and i'm making Greer a member of the official "tough girl" team. maybe we can even get her a tiny tshirt like my jersey. we'll continue to pray!

the rogers

The Weathers Report said...

So glad it went so well. I will be praying for you all. Great to talk with you the other day and great blog!!