Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nursemaids Elbow? A Do It Yourself, Fix-it Lesson!: A Re-Post!

About once a month, I get a random comment on a quite popular post from way back in the summer. Every time I get the email notification that there is a new comment, it makes me smile. :) I LOVE that something I have posted has HELPED a friend in need! How awesome is that!?

It seems my blog post on Nursemaids Elbow is a top hit on google....go figure! So, since I'm not the greatest at posting something new on the blog lately, how 'bout a re-post! Maybe it'll save you (or a loved one) an ER visit one day!

P.S. I had the opportunity to perform this maneuver again on Greer just recently. We were in the car with our friends, and their 3 year old reached over and grabbed Greer's arm, pulling it out of place. Thankfully, I wasn't driving, and I was able to pop it back in place right away.....I think my girlfriend was a little shocked! 30 seconds of screaming and good as new!




3 kind words:

Amy said...

Hey thanks for the refresher. Sam and I practiced but I hope we do not have to worry about it again.

Rachel said...

I've never pulled Ali's out, but my Mom pulled mine out. Thanks for the reference! If it ever happens, I'll be using your tricks!

Carlee Brian said...

Yep..would have been so helpful to know about 2 months ago. My husband and son were wrestling and he landed on his arm.. So we did make trip to the ER where the x-ray tech popped it back into place not knowing he did and then cade was fine..Now we both know what to do if it happens again..curious as to how the name came about.."nursmaid's elbow?"